1. Bob

Bob Trailmaster

Bob submitted a new resource:

Fable Valley / Bowdie Canyon - Fable Valley Bowdie Canyon

Read more about this resource...

2. Artemus

Artemus I walk

Bobbie Boy,
    Great route, thanks. You only marked two water spots. Was there water in Fable Valley (marked spring?)? Any other water in Bowdie besides the two marked spots?

3. Bob

Bob Trailmaster

Ill have to dig out paper maps ...what I remember..... Bowdie has water quite often, up to water 2 in west fork. East fork all pouroffs had standing water. One big pouroff in East fork you have to climb the west side quite high. The big pour off has lots (cool ruin with Kivas above it . From there to river seems like water was frequent. (in June). Ruins scattered thru canyon. Nice one almost tot river as well as the big ruin by the pouroff.
    Fable spr is /was big. below there intermitant pools till you get to Gypsum Falls. then water mostly all the way to river. Its interesting getting around Gypsum Falls...narrow ledge, steep talus.....

4. Bob

Bob Trailmaster

You wanting to do a trip there??? When???

5. Artemus

Artemus I walk

Thanks Bob. YES I am going to go there. Right now still inventing a route to include the spot where Steve A wrote the mountain lion essay about. When? Now that is a good question. Probably will spend the next year scouting the start and finish to get the essay locaiton with some short recon hikes. Probably be a year or two before the full enchilada.

6. Bob

Bob Trailmaster

Mtn lion essay? Kinda strange to base a hike on. Where's it at.