exiting Paria Canyon at Judd Hollow?

RyanP

When we hiked the lower Paria last week we saw what looked like a trail going up out of the canyon from right near the Judd Hollow pump. The very beginning of it had a short but steep scramble where a log was in place to aid the climber. We were pushing it for time so we didn't explore, but now that we're back home I'm wishing we had tried scrambling up that just to see what it is like. On caltopo (on the default "MapBuilder Topo" layer) it shows a trail going all the way up to the road, but I don't know where caltopo gets those trails from and in my experience they are not always reliable. Has anyone here attempted that exit, or does anyone know anything about it? If so, how hard is it? And how is the scenery along that route out to the road? If it's a decent route then it would be interesting to do a point-to-point (Wire Pass to Judd Hollow) instead of going all the way to Lee's Ferry.

Thanks
Ryan

That's an interesting route up from the bottom of the Paria canyon. Thanks for sharing now you've got me curious about that route as well!

Back