Escalante River System Springs & Surface Water Map

intuitive cat

Jurassic Dust in my Bones
During a search session a while back I came across this excellent USGS diagram/map which shows the locations of many of the surface water & springs along the Escalante River system.
it is a pdf document and can be found HERE.

I think it is a valuable tool to be added to anyone's reference materials for the area.

During a search session a while back I came across this excellent USGS diagram/map which shows the locations of many of the surface water & springs along the Escalante River system.
it is a pdf document and can be found HERE.

I think it is a valuable tool to be added to anyone's reference materials for the area.

thanks for the link, just bookmarked it. :thumbsup:

Too bad the data doesn't extend up into the tributaries. That would be really nice to know, especially for the ones that are mostly dry.

Too bad the data doesn't extend up into the tributaries. That would be really nice to know, especially for the ones that are mostly dry.
Yeah, I was very disappointed with that myself. Maybe I should start working on a supplementary map.
if only someone would invent magic dehydrated water already ;) or, to expose my sci fi geek side, a stillsuit.

Thanks for posting that. I'm always curious about headwaters and where all these drainages start from.

Back