DragonFly ond Blue eyed Moqui Princess Panels

Reef&Ruins

Colorado Plateau is calling...
Congrats! I'm certainly not the gatekeeper to public lands- but please be selective with where/how you share your trip details. It would be a shame for the hoards to easily access these ones. I sincerely hope that doesn't come across preachy, I've just been really disappointed in how destructive some people can be.
Unfortunately there is a well known website that has just posted information about it and how to get there.

Mace

Actually, I didnt mean to post my success to the whole board, just the few people that sent me notes of encouragement. I would venture that place is remote enough to keep most vandals away though.

gnwatts

I remember when maps of Cedar Mesa were littered with "Ruins" markers.

I have the 2 maps for Grand Gulch from the 70's, it has a lot of the ruins on it. Little rectangles.
It took about 15 minutes to find the canyon where the Dragonfly panel is on Google, with pretty specific directions. I don't know if the directions given are accurate though.

Last edited:

napatony13

It took about 15 minutes to find the canyon where the Dragonfly panel is on Google, with pretty specific directions.
Your Google prowess must be a lot better than mine...or maybe I only spent 12 minutes and gave up to soon...but I didn't find anything that was helpful when I looked.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Udink Dragonfly Canyon Hiking & Camping 11
Udink Dragonfly and Blue-Eyed Princess Hiking & Camping 8
kwc Blue Mountain hike, Central Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 0
kwc Blue Skies and Empty Slopes Winter Sports 1
NorthwestWanderer Route Finding adventure, Copper Pass to Blue Lake - Goats, Bears, Lions, Oh my! Backpacking 3
o2bav8 A little bit of everything & don't drive on blue clay when wet Hiking & Camping 18
stevecochranephotography Blue Lakes Trail... Southwest Colorado in the Mount Sneffels Wilderness Hiking & Camping 9
IntrepidXJ Album The Blue Hour Photography 35
chandlerwest Super Blue Blood Moon Photography 7
AbinadiWitness Part 1: Telluride Via Ferrata and Mount Sneffels SW Ridge from Blue Lakes- Colorado Trip # 1 - 2017 Backpacking 0
regehr Family trip to Blue John Canyoneering 22
balzaccom Blue skies and green trees in the Sierra Nevada General Discussion 0
balzaccom Blue Lake Canyon, Emigrant Wilderness Hiking & Camping 1
D Blue Springs trailhead, little colorado river, via FS6140 Trip Planning 0
steve Blue John and Horseshoe Canyons Canyoneering 7
IntrepidXJ Blue Lakes Backpacking 10
steve Invite Blue John and Horseshoe Canyons this weekend April 18-20 Meet Up (Members Only) 9
Christian Slot Canyons in the Blue Mountains of Australia are AWESOME! General Discussion 2
IntrepidXJ Once in a Blue Moon | The Arizona Strip Hiking & Camping 18
wanderinfinn Three, Moonshine, and Blue John Canyons Canyoneering 9
Nick Blue John Canyon Canyoneering 6
uintahiker Goshute Cave and Blue Lake Trip Planning 5