Doing a shuttle on the Teton Crest Trail

yoBear2116

Hey fellow hikers,

Quick question — partner & I are hiking the Teton Crest Trail in a couple weeks and the hardest part of planning (from afar) is thinking through how to get a ride from one end to the other. We would ideally like to drop off our car at the String Lake TH & get a ride to Phillips TH. How easy would hitchhiking be in the AM? The taxis all look damn expensive. Other experiences folks have had? Thanks!

From my experience, hitchhiking in the Jackson area is ridiculously easy. Waiting 20 minutes for a ride is about as long as I've ever waited. Just a few weeks ago, my son and I hitched from Jenny Lake VC to the airport and it took 3 rides. We waited a total of about 12-15 minutes for the 3 rides. A few days before that my son and brother in law hitched from town to Phillips TH in about 20 minutes. We walked from Albertson's to the Spring Gulch Road (<1/2 mile) and hitched from there. I usually hitch from the airport to trailheads in GTNP or into Yellowstone, all with relative ease.

Check Facebook page. . grand Teton national park hiking and backpacking...may find help there

Yes you can hitchhike but if you want to be picked up at 4--7AM to get to either Teton Pass or the tram at Teton Village-there is generally no one to hitch a ride from
You can call Sean at Teton BackCountry Shuttle / Cowboy Cab at (307) 733-1506 or (307)413-1000, He will meet you at the Jenny or Leigh Lake trail head parking lots, and take you and all your backpacks in a Suburban to Granite Canyon, Death Canyon, the Tram at Teton Village or to Teton Pass. Prices vary with the number of passengers and distance traveled.

surfdwg, the tram will not be operating in 2020. Better look for a different TH to start your trek.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
gnwatts Doing fine in Labyrinth Canyon, 9-17-20 On The Water 8
tropicalwanderer What am I doing wrong with shoe selection? Gear 25
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
BJett Rockcastle River No Shuttle Packrafting - Kentucky On The Water 2
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
A Teton Crest Trail Shuttle Resource Discussions 3
S Mt Whitney Shuttle Hiking & Camping 0
D Grand Gulch Shuttle Trip Planning 4
J Uinta Highline Trail Shuttle Trip Planning 0
S Uinta Highline Trail shuttle options? Trip Planning 5
W Little Colorado shuttle / transport Trip Planning 7
TeamJenkins17 Cody Shuttle Trip Planning 4
S Spring Canyon, Capitol Reef-vehicle shuttle Sun, Mar 24. Meet Up (Members Only) 0
linkin22luke Shuttle for the Teton Crest Trail Trip Planning 1
O Shuttle service for boaters in Grand Junction area? Trip Planning 2
L Crack in the Wall shuttle Trip Planning 0
Amanda Mitchell Vernal, Utah Uinta Highline Trail shuttle offer Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
Stickerbumper Zion Traverse Memorial Day Weekend - Shuttle Meet Up (Members Only) 0
MarkintheHV Paria Shuttle Trip Planning 5
Brendan S Powell shuttle for hikers? Trip Planning 6
AKay09 Teton Shuttle Help 8/18 or 8/19 Trip Planning 0
genez Teton shuttle help 7/10 ? Trip Planning 23
W Shuttle Needed from Vernal UT to Leidy Peak - August 6th General Discussion 5
Ravialdo Shuttle for Dominguez Wilderness? Trip Planning 3
fiber Hanksville Shuttle Needed: April 18 from Burr Point to West Rock Canyon Trip Planning 0
ledcat Uintas shuttle Trip Planning 0
DrNed Mineral Bottoms Shuttle General Discussion 0
Melissa Suggestions for shuttle hike in the Needles district of Canyonlands Trip Planning 17
Nick Zion shuttle needed General Discussion 5
Bigred72 Zion info/shuttle help Meet Up (Members Only) 2
TractorDoc Paintbrush Canyon / Cascade Canyon Loop -- Grand Teton NP September 11, 2023 Hiking & Camping 9
Bob Teton Wilderness July 2024 Trip Planning 38
D Grand Teton Cascade Loop Trip Planning 1
TheMountainRabbit Request: Grand Teton Ascent Trip Planning 0
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Nine / Day Nine + Ten! Backpacking 20
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Eight / Day Eight Backpacking 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Seven / Day Seven Backpacking 13
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Six / Day Six Backpacking 28
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Five / Day Five Backpacking 16
TheMountainRabbit Ortenburger Lake, Talus Lake, & Glacier Peak (Grand Teton NP) - October 2023 Backpacking 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Four / Day Four Backpacking 15
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Three / Day Three Backpacking 10
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 -- Part Two / Day Two Backpacking 6
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 --Part One / Day One Backpacking 10
TheMountainRabbit Invite Grand Teton NP, October 7th-10th 2023 Meet Up (Members Only) 0
TheMountainRabbit Southern Absaroka & Thorofare Mountain (Teton/Washakie Wilderness) - July 2023 Backpacking 23
J Pacific Creek or North Buffalo Fork? Teton Wilderness, Thorofare ,etc. Trip Planning 10
Bob Teton Wilderness Trip Planning 2
W Paper map for Teton Wilderness (Younts Peak) Gear 4
C Teton Wilderness Early July Trip Planning 16