Doing a shuttle on the Teton Crest Trail

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

yoBear2116

Hey fellow hikers,

Quick question — partner & I are hiking the Teton Crest Trail in a couple weeks and the hardest part of planning (from afar) is thinking through how to get a ride from one end to the other. We would ideally like to drop off our car at the String Lake TH & get a ride to Phillips TH. How easy would hitchhiking be in the AM? The taxis all look damn expensive. Other experiences folks have had? Thanks!

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Outdoor_Fool

From my experience, hitchhiking in the Jackson area is ridiculously easy. Waiting 20 minutes for a ride is about as long as I've ever waited. Just a few weeks ago, my son and I hitched from Jenny Lake VC to the airport and it took 3 rides. We waited a total of about 12-15 minutes for the 3 rides. A few days before that my son and brother in law hitched from town to Phillips TH in about 20 minutes. We walked from Albertson's to the Spring Gulch Road (<1/2 mile) and hitched from there. I usually hitch from the airport to trailheads in GTNP or into Yellowstone, all with relative ease.

Bob

Trailmaster
Check Facebook page. . grand Teton national park hiking and backpacking...may find help there