Cuberant Basin On Sunday - Need Some Advice and a Plan B

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
Weather is looking pretty good for the weekend in the Uintas so I'm going to try to get into the Cuberant basin for the day on Sunday. Not sure how much snow I'm going to run into so I have two questions...

Firstly... It has been years since I've been on that trail. How hard is that trail going to be to follow if there is snow?

Secondly... If there is too much snow I need a plan B for somewhere else.

Any ideas?

Firstly... It has been years since I've been on that trail. How hard is that trail going to be to follow if there is snow?

Secondly... If there is too much snow I need a plan B for somewhere else.

Any ideas?

From Pass Lake should be pretty easy to follow. Follow the trail till you get to the Kamas/Cuberant Junction. If there is snow climbing and descending the pass would be the sketchiest part. Bald Mt Pass looks to only have patchy snow in the shady areas today. By Sunday with it getting almost 60 degrees up there I suspect it will all melt off except on the north facing drainages. The lower you go, the less snow there will be.

Here is the sign at the junction
10552413_10152651920249456_5076396347200584124_n.jpg

Here is the track from my trip back in there in August on Trimble. I do believe you can download a .kml or .gpx file to load in a GPS if you have one or an app to use. When you hit the meadow you can go north to #4, or follow my track to #2 and #3. Have fun! I think I may get out this weekend for one more over nighter. Sat and Sun look pretty good for this late in the year.

Trimble Track: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/3266139

From Pass Lake should be pretty easy to follow. Follow the trail till you get to the Kamas/Cuberant Junction. If there is snow climbing and descending the pass would be the sketchiest part. Bald Mt Pass looks to only have patchy snow in the shady areas today. By Sunday with it getting almost 60 degrees up there I suspect it will all melt off except on the north facing drainages. The lower you go, the less snow there will be.

Here is the sign at the junction
10552413_10152651920249456_5076396347200584124_n.jpg

Here is the track from my trip back in there in August on Trimble. I do believe you can download a .kml or .gpx file to load in a GPS if you have one or an app to use. When you hit the meadow you can go north to #4, or follow my track to #2 and #3. Have fun! I think I may get out this weekend for one more over nighter. Sat and Sun look pretty good for this late in the year.

Trimble Track: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/3266139

Great info... thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A short video of my day hike

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back