Coyote Gulch Trailhead

cjhaines

I'm planning a trip down to Coyote Gulch this weekend with my wife and her family. I've been down to Coyote before via Hurricane Wash and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were planning on taking them down again via Hurricane and out Crack in the Wall, but I've heard that Red Well can be a nicer trail. Any thoughts on the differences in Hurricane Wash and Red Well and which people prefer?

I'm planning a trip down to Coyote Gulch this weekend with my wife and her family. I've been down to Coyote before via Hurricane Wash and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were planning on taking them down again via Hurricane and out Crack in the Wall, but I've heard that Red Well can be a nicer trail. Any thoughts on the differences in Hurricane Wash and Red Well and which people prefer?
to my knowledge red well falls more within a canyon than a wash, sorta similar to the last mile or two of Hurricane Wash. It is 2 miles longer to get to coyote gulch proper from red well than from hurricane wash, but if its in more canyons it might be worth it. just depends on what you want to do and for how long

I would suggest entering through Crack-in-the-wall and hiking up the gulch and then out either Red well or Hurricane. Much easier going down the sand dune then up. The last time I was there I just stayed near the junction with the river and then day hiked Coyote.

Back