Clear Creek Reservoir

Blake Merrell

Life Elevated - Rising Higher
Hey All!

I have been MIA for that past couple of years. I made a career move and ended up in Prescott Valley Arizona. The new job has kept me at work more than I expected, and my backcountry activity, unfortunately, has dropped off the proverbial cliff. But things have slowed down a bit this winter and I finally logged back into my favorite backpacking forum! hope you are all doing well!

I have not been able to get out on too many adventures, but I did have the opportunity to take some 16-year-olds on a summer adventure in June. I am new to Arizona, so it was fun to research some places to go to. Part of our adventure involved going canoeing on Clear Creek Reservoir!

While driving to Windslow Az, I did wonder if there could be anything good out there, but to my delight, Clear Creek Res. lived up to the hype. It was beautiful to paddle through the slot canyon turned reservoir. The only plan we had when arriving, was to load up the canoes and paddle until we could find a place to camp. doing that allowed us to get away from all the visitors and it seemed we had the whole place to ourselves for an evening.

It was so nice to get away for a few days, and it was amazing to be back in a canoe!

Welcome back, Blake! Really good to see you back around here. That looks like some wonderful paddling, especially those narrow sections! Great report.

Welcome back, Blake! Really good to see you back around here. That looks like some wonderful paddling, especially those narrow sections! Great report.

Jackson! it is great to hear from you. My last great backpacking adventure was with you on that Uinta trip! I am missing those mountains like crazy! hope you are doing well. What great adventure have you gone on these last couple of years?

yes, this little trip was a great getaway. it is really popular with the bouldering crowd. they like SUP to the cliffs, free climb them and just fall into the water.

Jackson! it is great to hear from you. My last great backpacking adventure was with you on that Uinta trip! I am missing those mountains like crazy! hope you are doing well. What great adventure have you gone on these last couple of years?

yes, this little trip was a great getaway. it is really popular with the bouldering crowd. they like SUP to the cliffs, free climb them and just fall into the water.
That feels like it was so long ago. Haha. Next time you're up this way, we should get that group together again and go back to the Uintas!

My bigger trips lately have been out in Wyoming, in the Winds and the southern Absarokas. Can't wait for summer to roll back around so I can get back out there!

That feels like it was so long ago. Haha. Next time you're up this way, we should get that group together again and go back to the Uintas!

My bigger trips lately have been out in Wyoming, in the Winds and the southern Absarokas. Can't wait for summer to roll back around so I can get back out there!

Where did you go in the Winds? I am dying to get back into some real mountains again!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Bushwacker West Clear Creek Ruin Trip Planning 6
Jackson Clear Creek (Northern Winds) Trip Planning 14
Bob West Clear Creek Ruins Backpacking 7
Bob Cathedral of the Desert, Clear Creek - Top Access Resource Discussions 5
slc_dan Mogollon Rims-West Clear Creek Trip Planning 0
A Wind Rivers: Clear Lake, Faler Lake and Roaring Fork General Discussion 7
lostlandscapes Clear Lake, Wind River Range Trip Planning 1
IntrepidXJ Clear Lake & Ice Lake Basin Backpacking 12
rinats Canyonlands/Needles: Salt Creek to Chesler Park Trip Planning 6
shredhiker Slough Creek mid June? Trip Planning 11
Spud Salt Creek Canyon question Trip Planning 11
BobFink Mirror Plateau via Pelican Valley and Pelican Creek, July / August 2023 Backpacking 12
Janice Such a GRAND Canyon - Deer Creek / Tapeats / Thunder River Backpacking 21
Jackson Little Rock Creek Backpacking 5
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 7 through 10 Backpacking 34
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 1 through 6 Backpacking 56
J South Crandall Creek and the Hoodoos Wyoming and Yellowstone? Trip Planning 3
CodyL Maple Creek or Duck Creek Drainages-YNP Trip Planning 0
J Pacific Creek or North Buffalo Fork? Teton Wilderness, Thorofare ,etc. Trip Planning 10
I Rescue Creek - Yellowstone National Park - June 3, 2023 Backpacking 15
Dreamer Slough Creek - YNP - 6/5-7/23 Backpacking 3
shredhiker Blacktail Creek June 2023 Backpacking 4
Dreamer Rescue Creek -YNP - 6/3-5/23 Backpacking 3
shredhiker Slough Creek May 2023 Backpacking 11
scatman Rescue Creek - Yellowstone National Park - June 3, 2023 Backpacking 56
Gretchen Millward Trachyte Creek via Woodruff Canyon, April 2023 Backpacking 9
I Slough Creek - Yellowstone June 5 & 6 Meet Up (Members Only) 19
scatman City Creek Loop - April 23, 2023 Hiking & Camping 8
F Thorofare/South Boundary/Wolverine Creek Trip Planning 2
scatman Rescue Creek - Yellowstone National Park Meet Up (Members Only) 19
Janice When might road to Salt Creek TH be ok? Trip Planning 23
BobFink Yellowstone South Entrance to Fox Creek via Basin Creek Cutoff - Labor Day 2022 Trip Reports 4
Janice Professor Creek / Mary Jane Canyon - mid April? Trip Planning 0
scatman North Ridge of City Creek Canyon - February 4, 2023 Hiking & Camping 17
MikeP Exploring/Calf Creek Trip Planning 28
scatman South Ridge of City Creek Canyon - January 28, 2023 Hiking & Camping 4
travel2walk Gros Ventre Wilderness: Granite Creek, West Fork Crystal Creek, Crystal Creek, & Swift Creek - June 2021 Backpacking 8
slieb Lower Muddy Creek in Winter? Trip Planning 7
scatman A Yellowstone Love Story (Bog Creek Euphoria) - September 12, 2022 Backpacking 28
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking Grand Teton National Park : Fossil Pass,Fox Creek Pass,Indian Lake,Alaska Basin,Hurricane Pass,Ice Floe Lake,& Snowdrift Lake Backpacking 19
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Wrangler Lake, Bog Creek, Joseph's Coat Springs, Broad Creek, Wapiti Lake, Hot Springs Basin, and Pelican Valley. The Second Half. Backpacking 15
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Wrangler Lake, Bog Creek, Joseph's Coat Springs, Broad Creek, Wapiti Lake, Hot Springs Basin, and Pelican Valley. Part One of Two. Backpacking 61
scatman Pacific Creek, Moss Lake and Gravel Lake - Teton Wilderness - October 7, 2022 Backpacking 32
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Hayden Valley, Trout Creek, Beach Lake, and Arnica Creek Meadows. September 11, 2022. Hiking & Camping 7
scatman Trout Creek and the Headwaters of Alum Creek - September 11, 2022 Hiking & Camping 17
R Wind River Range: Green River Lakes/Clarks Trail/Porcupine Creek Trail Trip Planning 3
Janice Salt Creek plus... Trip Planning 17
Gretchen Millward Trachyte Creek, April – May 2022 Backpacking 3
XID_AZ Kanab Creek Wilderness - Sowats Canyon - Mountain Sheep Spring Trip Planning 6
balzaccom McGee Creek--Fire (smoke) Rain, Winded and rockslides... Trip Reports 0