Christmas 2013

Aldaron

It's time to find out if anyone is hoping to get fun gear for Christmas.

Thanks to @Nick, I have a gift under the tree that is shaped suspiciously like the Tenkara rod I added to my wish list.

Anyone else asking for gear?

I'm treating myself to a new sleeping bag. it's going to be either a zpacks 10* or an Enlightened Equipment Enigma 0*. I'm leaning towards the EE.

I'm sure my wife will get me some cool gear as well. We'll have to see what she pics for me.

Just bought the Big Agnes Copper Spur 1 today!!! I sold my BA Fly Creek 1 as I found I HATED top/head entry tents.

Now I just need to replace that 7 lb backpack I have....

You'll love that Copper Spur. I have the 2 man version that I use as a solo tent.
I hope so. I love everything about the Fly Creek except for the entry...

I thought about the 2 man pretty hard, but the 1 man was so much cheaper!

Not really back country related, but I'm buying myself an electric smoker. That way I can smoke some fish, jerky etc.. I'm also going to pick up the Steripen Adventurer for Uinta's/Yellowstone backpacking I do this year.

Not really back country related, but I'm buying myself an electric smoker. That way I can smoke some fish, jerky etc..

I've got an electric smoker. Smoked turkey for Thanskgiving was great. Tonight I've got a pork loin I smoked a while back waiting for me. Yum! I smoke a couple at a time, then cut them into pieces and put them into the freezer. That way I can have the smoked food even more.

I've got an electric smoker. Smoked turkey for Thanskgiving was great. Tonight I've got a pork loin I smoked a while back waiting for me. Yum! I smoke a couple at a time, then cut them into pieces and put them into the freezer. That way I can have the smoked food even more.

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked.

I already treated myself with a great and toasty down parka for my winter camping trips. With having this expedition parka I'm prepared for everything, even for my future winter Yellowstone trip next winter season. :)

Beside that I basically got all my gear throughout the year, I replaced a lot of gear with ultralight stuff.

I got a gopro hero 3. My parents gave it to me and told me they want to see some footage from my adventures. It'll benefit the both of us. I never considered it a vital thing to have, but now that I have one I'm looking forward to having some fun with it. Now to just wait for my memory card to come so I can start messing around with it.

I got a gopro hero 3. My parents gave it to me and told me they want to see some footage from my adventures. It'll benefit the both of us. I never considered it a vital thing to have, but now that I have one I'm looking forward to having some fun with it. Now to just wait for my memory card to come so I can start messing around with it.

Congrats. I highly recommend getting the wasabi batteries and charger on amazon, the hero 3s eat batteries pretty quick and they don't come with a standalone charger.

My Tenkara-shaped gift was in fact a Tenkara rod. I'm looking forward to learning how to use it!

With gift cards I got, I'm thinking of a 2nd GoPro and trying to learn how to actually make better videos with them.

I've also decided that my 10 year-old fleece has seen better days, so I may get that, instead.