Capitol Reef NP Hiking and Road Trip Suggestions Wanted

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
My wife and I are heading out in the fifth wheel this coming Sunday for eight days in Torrey. Looking for some suggestions on what to see/do in Capital Reef NP and environs.

My wife does not hike so I'm looking for some road trips to see the sights. I have a 4wd Silverado so off-road is okay as long as it's not too crazy. Paved also works (she would say preferred :) )

Also I'll be working Mon-Weds so I'm looking for some short, non-technical, must-see day hikes. I'm hoping to do Upper Muley Twist as a long day hike one of the days but other hikes will need to be shorter so I'm not away from "home" too much.

Never been to Torrey or CRNP so I'm excited to see what it's all about. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driving: Cathedral Valley and Burr Trail loop (Highway 24 > Notom Road > Burr Trail > Boulder > Highway 12) are the big scenic dirt road drives down that way. I'd plan on at least a half day with each of those given all the views you could pull over for. Then there is the short paved scenic drive southward from Fruita.

For the short hikes, there is the usual in Capitol Reef:

Hickman Bridge, Fremont River Trail, Chimney Rock, Grand Wash/Cassidy Arch, Cohab Canyon, and Capitol Gorge.

From Singletree Campground off highway 12 on Boulder Mountain, there is a very short but steep trail down to a nice waterfall to the east.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back