Canon SL1

Deadeye008

Hambone
Didn't know whether to put this here or in the gear thread.

This camera looks pretty sweet for backpacking adventures. Comes in at only 14oz and is super compact while still allowing the use of EF lenses. Might sell my T2i and pick this body up. AF specs look decent and so do ISO specs for low light.

http://m.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-100d-rebel-sl1

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Interesting.... Still bigger than my M4/3 Panasonic Loomy G3 and the lenses are still bigger and heavier. BUT you still have the mirror and better viewfinder as a result.

I'll use my t2i until it breaks, but this is an interesting new development.

I'll use my t2i until it breaks, but this is an interesting new development.

I'm kind of in the same boat, but can't wait for my T2i to break so I can justify an upgrade.

I like that 40mm pancake lens they use in the review. I've considered picking one up. It would be a great lens along-side the 10-22.

I'm kind of in the same boat, but can't wait for my T2i to break so I can justify an upgrade.

Aha! That reminds of me of wishing my dang 27" CRT TV would kick the bucket so I could pick up my first flat screen! I kept hoping for that earthquake to boll it over so I could get my SO to approve the new technology. Never happened. Dang it. I had to wait until she caved in and I gave away the CRT....