Camp sites along The Burr Trail

Nick

-
I'm heading down to do the Little Death Hollow-Wolverine loop this weekend and I'm wondering if anyone would mind sharing directions or coordinates for a good campsite over in that area. Something along the Burr Trail or the Wolverine Loop Road would be ideal. I'm not taking my truck so it can't be too gnarly of a road. I've driven the Wolverine road once several years ago and I specifically remember thinking there wasn't much for camping. There is a possibility we won't even make it all the way there that first night. Might camp outside of Torrey or something, but it would be nice to know of a spot we could drive to in the dark if we do.

If you know a spot and would rather not share it with the interwebs, shoot me private message. :)

if it is not windy, there are 4 or 5 primitive spots with fire rings above steep creek on the north side of the burr trail just before dropping into the gulch. amazing views to the north. just look for the 2 track on your left after crossing the cattle guard and making the turn around that ridge that is on the west side of the gulch. there are also some decent spots on the little mesa directly below long canyon when you drop into the Circle Cliffs.

There are a couple of spots along the Notum road that are actually rather nice... I have never gotten to them in the daylight so I don't know exactly where they are but they are there :).... yeah I know that wasn't very helpful

Thanks for the tips.

Funny thing about Little Death Hollow. I called the VC in Escalante to see if there were any issues with the Wolverine road or conditions in the canyon. They said all they had heard was that a couple of cows appear to have been washed into the slot and might be a bit of an obstacle. :lol: Fun!!

From the sound of it, they won't be as fresh as this one was.

Well thats something you don't see everyday by ibenick, on Flickr

Sorry, I have to bust out this photo every chance I get!

Wow. Gotta say I didn't expect to see a couple inches of snow in my yard this morning. Did you get much precipitation down your way, intuitive cat ?
nope. no precipitation down here. it has been super windy overnight, but the winds are supposed to die down by the afternoon.
it's sunny & forecast to be in the 60's over the weekend in town (expect 5 to 10 degrees warmer out in the desert)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nurrgle Backpacker's America's Best Camp Sites - Coyote Gulch General Discussion 7
Janice Yellowstone Yurt Camp - Feb. 19-23, 2023 Trip Reports 15
Ellen What are your favorite spots to hike and camp in December? Trip Planning 10
kwc Great Camp Santanoni Hiking & Camping 1
WasatchWill WRHR: Day 5 - Camp Lake to Titcomb Basin Backpacking 15
WasatchWill WRHR: Day 4 - Halls Lake to Camp Lake Backpacking 17
Perry Henry's Fork Basin - Camp Site Suggestions Trip Planning 3
norwegianxplorer How a Reindeer herd w/calves invaded my camp & started fighting over turf, backpacking Femundsmarka NP Norway Backpacking 2
BackpackingtheSierras Point Reyes National Seashore Coast Camp Trip Backpacking 4
WasatchWill To camp above treeline...or not? Trip Planning 11
Tarp Boy High Sierra Camp Loop, Yosemite, CA Trip Reports 5
D Need suggestions for a backpacking trip with a base camp Trip Planning 10
tropicalwanderer What to do: Grizzly in camp at night General Discussion 22
T Camp notes Hiking & Camping 14
wabenho Butterfly Camp and Ruth Hike 7/19-7/20 Hiking & Camping 4
scatman Lynn Camp Prong Lollipop Loop, Great Smokey Mountains National Park - May 29, 2018 Hiking & Camping 2
AbinadiWitness Chicago Basin: Part 2: Sunlight & Windom Peaks, Black Canyon Camp, Mt. Peale, UT - 16 -18 Aug. 2017 Backpacking 2
TrektheWorld Rawah Wilderness Camp Lakes to West Branch Loop Backpacking 3
John Goering Tobacco Root Mountains South Willow Creek-Camp Creek Reservoir day hike Hiking & Camping 2
Nick Camp Bag Essentials General Discussion 7
Udink Delano and Mine Camp Peaks Hiking & Camping 4
JohnP Ideas around Silverton, CO - Hike + Camp Trip Planning 8
someguy Green River - B Section River Camp Hiking & Camping 8
Chuck the Mauler Convenient camp location question. Trip Planning 8
AllNightAz First official hike and overnight 3-4 day camp trip Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Parma Camp Battle General Discussion 2
Bob Camp mor ten percent off code Gear 0
uintafly Good place to camp and hike with kids Trip Planning 2
Nick Nepal Earthquake: Everest Base Camp Footage General Discussion 6
WillisBodillus Everest Base Camp Oct 1-15 Backpacking 16
IntrepidXJ Winter Camp Ridge Hiking & Camping 5
slc_dan Idaho/Oregon/Norcal Camp reccomendations Trip Planning 4
Upgrayedd Areas to hike, camp and explore with small children within 3 hours of Salt Lake. Trip Planning 13
Thomas Rasmuson What do you do while you are away from camp? General Discussion 10
Dave White Crack to miner's camp Resource Discussions 0
uintahiker Camp Rucker, a ghost town without the crowds Hiking & Camping 0
powderglut Hole in the Rock Base Camp Trip Planning 3
Dan Best Camp Shoe - What's the lightest and most versatile? Gear 51
pixie1339 New camp stove/electronics charger Gear 6
L Need a Place to Car Camp in the Uintas Trip Planning 2
DAA Decent camp 2 hours Christmas Meadows? Trip Planning 6
Tyler Mount Timpanogos Camp/Summit Aug. 2006 Backpacking 10
Nickrgough Radler Trail Camp shoe Gear 4
U Favorite sites in Glacier in North Fork, Lake McDonald or Cole/Nyack? Looking at mid july Trip Planning 2
Shirt357 RMNP Backcountry Sites Trip Planning 4
Bob Weather Sites General Discussion 0
C Camping in Olympic National Park (red and brown sites) Trip Planning 0
Bob Wildland Fire Information Sites Resource Discussions 0
K Dating sites for backpackers, outdoor lovers? General Discussion 2
balzaccom Places to stop along the way Trip Planning 3