Bikes

b.stark

Forever Wandering
I grew up riding trails in a local state park. Our Nebraska trails are nothing compared to what a lot of places have, but I love riding singletrack and after a break of a few years have gotten back into it. I've always ridden hardtails and finally upgraded from my old Marin to this fancy new Santa Cruz Chameleon. I've had it almost a week and it's shocking how much better this is than my old bike. So, you guys get to bear some of my enthusiasm from it. Finally got it out on the trails today (and went over the handlebars, so it's really mine now). Post your bikes here if you feel so inclined also.

20180626_191948-L.jpg

That is a good looking bike. I got a new mountain bike back in February, and it has been a blast. I will have to get a picture of it on here soon.

I[emoji173]BIKES!

e4357ea6f7875c206c9e0f381f7765da.jpg

Ginger has been my trusty steed for 4 years now. She got a complete overhaul in March and should be good for another 4 years.

Headed out in a bikepack trip this coming weekend. And will get a good picture of Piper loaded and ready to roll.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'd like to do the white rim on a bike someday. Would just like to do some biking around Moab, anything at all really. Have a lot of getting in shape to do first.

Mack, that looks pretty nasty, hope it heals up well!

View attachment 66064
Riding the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP. Which I highly recommend even if you're only slightly interested in biking.
I second that! One of my favorite trips of all time. Views are phenomenal. Jug Handle loop is good short ride that lets you hit the Schafer Switchbacks. Makes a good over night bikepack route.

I'm only slightly interested in biking, but I think I still prefer to drive the White Rim :)
Combine camping with biking and you might decide biking more is not so bad. You might even want to bike in wilderness.[emoji12]

Combine camping with biking and you might decide biking more is not so bad. You might even want to bike in wilderness.[emoji12]

We are planning on trying bikepacking later this year, but I see no point in doing it somewhere that I can drive my Jeep since the fridge won't fit on my bike! ;)

We are planning on trying bikepacking later this year, but I see no point in doing it somewhere that I can drive my Jeep since the fridge won't fit on my bike! ;)
You can't jeep in Wilderness my friend..or currently ride bike. But I have hope...

You can't jeep in Wilderness my friend..or currently ride bike. But I have hope...

I have no interest in Jeeping or biking in wilderness. That's where I go to hike and backpack. Leave the existing wilderness protections alone! I have no problems with a new designation with wilderness protections that allows bikes.

Funny you say that because that's why I loved the White Rim so much. Good biking but a support truck with
coolers of all my favorite food and drink. It's the only time my back country meals have come any where close to
the food that @blueeyes does on a regular basis.

Funny you say that because that's why I loved the White Rim so much. Good biking but a support truck with
coolers of all my favorite food and drink. It's the only time my back country meals have come any where close to
the food that @blueeyes does on a regular basis.
White Rim we had truck support!

Just like razzing @IntrepidXJ about Wilderness and bikes. I know where he stands and I know he knows where I stand. (Which is mostly to let us have back access where we once had access but was taken when the area was designated Wilderness and give land managers the right to say yes or no to existing trails. No new trails) I just thought maybe he would see a benefit to a bike in Wilderness if you combine it with packing your gear deep into the wilds.

But there are many other places you can go on a bike you can't take a vehicle and at least I can cover more ground on a bike vs hiking with a backpack on.

Now back to bike pics.