Gear Review Best Hiking Briefs

Antlerking

Ok guys,

I'm looking for some good hiking/backpacking briefs. Right now I have a few pairs of ExOfficio boxer brief, I love them but they ride up. I want to stick with the boxer brief's, but ones that hold your stuff in and breath good. What are some recommendations?

Costco carries some nice boxer briefs that I have liked hiking in more than anything else I've tried. I think they are Champion brand. Nice and long so they don't ride up too much and leave your thighs chafing. I've also found that using Body Glide can go a long way to keep the thighs from becoming hamburgerized on long hikes.

I have a pair of under armor boxer briefs that I prefer over the ex officio ones I have. They are a little more snug, and ride up less. One (potential) drawback is that they don't have a fly. I don't mind personally, but YMMV.

I've also used the C9 brand (Champion) that is sold at Target. While they aren't bad, I think they're clearly inferior to ex officio and under armor as long as you don't mind dropping a bit of coin on undies.

Commando........ A guy in our old group (younger) had a guy that used to hike nude into the grand Canyon.... :help:

I wear the longer length under armor ones, the shorter ones ride up on my legs and turn into whitey tidies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked this write-up. I haven't tried them and I'm not sure how quick-dry they are and if they're specifically good for hiking...but...maybe.

I liked this write-up. I haven't tried them and I'm not sure how quick-dry they are and if they're specifically good for hiking...but...maybe.
Those sound great actually. I third what @steve and @Nick said about bodyglide. AMAZING!!! I need the comfort and support too. I use some fruit of the loom boxer briefs but on long hikes, or intermittent strenuous activity during the day (hike hard - rest - everything dries and leaves salt leftover - hike hard - chaff - :cry:) it's not good to say the least. I'll try out the others that have been suggested as well.

Noooooooooooooooo don't tell me you were commando :help:

I wear UnderArmour spandex type boxer briefs when hiking and find them to be very comfy, supportive, and dry.

I am still a firm believer that ExOfficio Boxer Briefs are the best. The thing I have found is to buy one size less than what you think you wear. I wear XL in about everything but Large fits me just right in the ExOfficio. I have a pair of the older Under Armor boxer briefs and they make me sweat like a pig. The will last forever in the back of the drawer because they will never be worn again. Wal-Mart sells a light weight synthetic boxer brief (Life by Jockey) that I wear every day and they work pretty well. They sell about a half dozen different styles of these briefs but only one has long legs and a pocket to put all your marbles in. Good Luck on your hunt!

@onepaddlejunkie That's all I wear now is the Exofficio, they last, dry fast and are comfortable. They stay put for me just fine, might be my thighs are pretty thick.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
slc_dan Best Book for Hiking in the Uintas? Trip Planning 11
Nick Best dog breed for hiking General Discussion 25
Devin Ashby Best Cedar Mesa/Bears Ears Guide Books? Trip Planning 8
ghsmith76 Looking for best multi-day Backpacking Trips near Livingston, MT Trip Planning 6
Parma The Best Arch in Utah is... General Discussion 20
forest dweller The best / ideal conditions/ criteria to backpack with a stranger / allow a stranger to backpack with you... General Discussion 6
forest dweller What do you think is the best way to meet other SERIOUS backpackers when you only backpack once or twice a year and... General Discussion 52
Nick Best of 2019 General Discussion 48
Perry Exploring above Cataract Basin - One of the Best Seats in the House Hiking & Camping 1
Nick Best of 2018 General Discussion 43
Outdoors24 Best computer for picture/video editing? General Discussion 26
Vegan.Hiker A Personal Best (ascent) - Pemi Loop, WMNF Backpacking 23
T Best practices for upcoming trip General Discussion 4
JDWalters Best time to photograph Zebra Slot? Trip Planning 3
Upgrayedd Best place to live? General Discussion 46
IntrepidXJ Meet the woman who knows Bears Ears best General Discussion 106
B Best Time of Year for Backpacking the Uintas in Utah Trip Planning 15
Perry Leona Spring Trail to UHT - A New Personal Best Day Hike Hiking & Camping 2
B Best Alternatives to the Sierras Backpacking 12
kimbur96 Best lens for backpacking? Photography 14
Kelin Best Route to Alpine Lakes? Trip Planning 4
Jimmy Best Backpacking Near Phoenix/Scottsdale? Trip Planning 1
JoshuaDyal Best San Juans hike Trip Planning 0
LarryBoy Best ranges for off-trail travel General Discussion 11
Langdon Greene 2016 might be your best chance to do Wonderland (Rainier) Trip Planning 2
muir_mountain Best Backpacking in early June Trip Planning 12
Mike Jones Best UL Mountain Hardwear Rain Jacket Gear 2
SwimsWithTrout Best time of year for San Rafael Swell/Cedar Mesa ? Trip Planning 4
Nick Best Packrafting Paddle Gear 8
Mike K Best Backpacking Pillow Gear 16
T Best place to backpack the Bob Marshall? Trip Planning 17
WasatchWill Best Cell Phone Camera: iPhone, G4, S6, or Other? General Discussion 6
Chuck the Mauler Best dual use camera? Photography 6
uintahiker What is the Best 3 day trip in the Uintas? Trip Planning 17
balzaccom Your best shot General Discussion 2
natylka Advice on the best lightweight sleeping bag for backpacking. Gear 27
natylka Advice on the best light backpacking tent Gear 39
Scott Chandler Help with the Best of the CPW Photography 9
jmerkley9 Best Car Camping - Uintas Trip Planning 2
Laura My tent shot is the featured photo for Best of May 2014 Photography 8
DrNed Best Hikes in Canyonlands Trip Planning 8
D Cedar Mesa to Hanksville, best day hike options? Trip Planning 3
Tater Head It was the best of times, It was the worst of times... General Discussion 6
Nick Best easy day hikes around Salt Lake General Discussion 25
Aldaron Best hike in the Uintas General Discussion 2
Aldaron The best part of BCP General Discussion 6
Nick BCP wins 'Best Adventure Blog'! General Discussion 16
uintahiker Aravaipa Canyon- what end is best? Trip Planning 2
Nick Album Best of 2012 Photography 45
intuitive cat what was your best/most satisfactory new gear this last season? Gear 18