Backpacking Southern Utah with dogs?

Backpacking Southern Utah with dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Sophie Binns

Hey all

I have two chocolate labs who I always take hiking with me. A few friends and I are planning a backpacking trip to southern Utah for memorial day weekend. We would prefer to go somewhere like Escalante, with moderately difficult trails but nothing crazy, hoping for about a 20 -30 mile trail. Here's the catch. I want to bring my dogs and was hoping to go to Coyote Gulch but my research shows it isn't dog friendly... can anyone suggest a good backpacking trail that is dog friendly AND preferably has some water along the way? I can't pack water for myself and two 65+ pound dogs for three days in the Utah heat!!!

Thank you!

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Kullaberg63

Dark Canyon. The Sundance trail entry is steep long rugged and dry - but once in there it's pretty friendly.

That said I almost stepped on a rattlesnake right below the steep part of the Sundance yesterday morning.