Backpacking and Camping- 3 nights in the Unitas

Sarahbsouth

hi guys, my husband and I are taking a trip to the Unitas in May to backpack and camp. We are looking to spend 2 1/2 days, 3 nights out in the wilderness. Can I get some advice on good trails to take? Good place to leave the car and start the hiking trip? We'll be driving in from SLC and after the backpacking trip will spend a night or two in Park City. How's the weather early May 6-11? Ultimately would love someone to give me the 411 all around. We really don't know what to expect. Thanks for the help.

The lower trails just outside of Kamas might be clear of snow for a few miles in May, just depends on how the weather is this spring. But that would be like an overnighter at best. The high country where most people want to go is snow bound until mid-to-late June on a typical year. Head south!

The lower trails just outside of Kamas might be clear of snow for a few miles in May, just depends on how the weather is this spring. But that would be like an overnighter at best. The high country where most people want to go is snow bound until mid-to-late June on a typical year. Head south!
Head to South Utah or head south of Park City?

Back