Backpacker's America's Best Camp Sites - Coyote Gulch

Nurrgle

Feet on the ground, head in the clouds
Not sure if anyone saw the artical on America's best campsites in the last backpacker but they included one in Coyote Gulch. It's a nice spot, I stayed there a few weeks ago but, there was also about 10 buried firepits there.

My understanding is there are no fires allowed in the Gulch. I would assume this is because of the limited vegitation and the fragile ecosystem that feeds into the stupidest lake ever.:poop: Additionally, there were a ton of people throughout the gulch. I like seeing people in the backcountry, it's fun to take a break and chat, maybe get the head right but in my opnion, if a major publication is going to direct people to area's in the backcountry, they have a responsiblity to make damn sure they pass on the rules of the trail as well.

On another note, the Blue Lake site here in Colorado that was listed is now on my list for the summer and the Glacier site on the cover is on my bucketlist.

if Backpackers keeps it up, Coyote Gulch may see a quota system implemented in the near future.

Agreed, they have done a story on Capiol Reef and other area's in S. Utah almost every damn issue. I like it better when I have to research and dig, talk to freinds etc.. to find my trips.

Agreed, they have done a story on Capiol Reef and other area's in S. Utah almost every damn issue. I like it better when I have to research and dig, talk to freinds etc.. to find my trips.

Seriously, almost every issue I see an article on Capitol Reef, and I've definitely noticed increased visitation recently.

Seriously, almost every issue I see an article on Capitol Reef, and I've definitely noticed increased visitation recently.

the Rocky Mountain Editor for the magazine is a Torrey resident. so that would probably explain all the repetative hype for Capital Reef / Escalante area.

I saw that, he did an artical a few months ago outlining an off trail route through Capitol Reef that he had spent some time developing and it looks pretty sweet. I guess sharing the beauty we have all been enjoying isn't such a bad idea.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A 1st time backpacker in Escalante, UT Trip Planning 13
Miya Backpacker's Bistro 25% Off General Discussion 0
M Novice Backpacker looking for a 5-6 trip in July! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Brian Skibbe New "noob" backpacker from Kansas here! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Bryan Harwood Backpacker/ Trails Worker from Montana Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
BZ Adventures North Idaho Backpacker and new bride signing in here Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
Willfly4food Noob Backpacker... Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
HomerJ Backpacker Mag: Get Out More Tour in SLC (3-26-15) General Discussion 0
balzaccom Backpacker Quotes us... General Discussion 1
Ralph Perry I am a long-time backpacker needing UINTA suggestions Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
HomerJ The Truth About Bears - Backpacker Mag General Discussion 1
HomerJ Backpacker Mag - 2014 Be a Gear Tester Contest Gear 0
Jason Easy hike for first time backpacker? Trip Planning 13
IntrepidXJ March Issue of Backpacker General Discussion 19
HomerJ Backpacker Mag - $4/yr - Today Only (6-14-12) General Discussion 5
T America's Wildest Through-hike General Discussion 0
balzaccom South America Everything Else 1
Jammer Sequoia: Upper Kern and Lake South America Backpacking 12
Yvonne Yellowstone 2018 - a solo trip hiking and exploring America's first National Park: Part II Madison Hiking & Camping 3
Adrian Kien A Noob from Butte, America Noobs: Introduce yourself! 7
Parma America's 10 Most Dangerous Hikes General Discussion 0
Devin Ashby Best Cedar Mesa/Bears Ears Guide Books? Trip Planning 8
ghsmith76 Looking for best multi-day Backpacking Trips near Livingston, MT Trip Planning 6
Parma The Best Arch in Utah is... General Discussion 20
forest dweller The best / ideal conditions/ criteria to backpack with a stranger / allow a stranger to backpack with you... General Discussion 6
forest dweller What do you think is the best way to meet other SERIOUS backpackers when you only backpack once or twice a year and... General Discussion 52
Nick Best of 2019 General Discussion 48
Perry Exploring above Cataract Basin - One of the Best Seats in the House Hiking & Camping 1
Nick Best of 2018 General Discussion 43
Outdoors24 Best computer for picture/video editing? General Discussion 26
Vegan.Hiker A Personal Best (ascent) - Pemi Loop, WMNF Backpacking 23
T Best practices for upcoming trip General Discussion 4
JDWalters Best time to photograph Zebra Slot? Trip Planning 3
Upgrayedd Best place to live? General Discussion 46
IntrepidXJ Meet the woman who knows Bears Ears best General Discussion 106
B Best Time of Year for Backpacking the Uintas in Utah Trip Planning 15
Perry Leona Spring Trail to UHT - A New Personal Best Day Hike Hiking & Camping 2
B Best Alternatives to the Sierras Backpacking 12
kimbur96 Best lens for backpacking? Photography 14
Kelin Best Route to Alpine Lakes? Trip Planning 4
Jimmy Best Backpacking Near Phoenix/Scottsdale? Trip Planning 1
JoshuaDyal Best San Juans hike Trip Planning 0
LarryBoy Best ranges for off-trail travel General Discussion 11
Langdon Greene 2016 might be your best chance to do Wonderland (Rainier) Trip Planning 2
muir_mountain Best Backpacking in early June Trip Planning 12
Mike Jones Best UL Mountain Hardwear Rain Jacket Gear 2
SwimsWithTrout Best time of year for San Rafael Swell/Cedar Mesa ? Trip Planning 4
Nick Best Packrafting Paddle Gear 8
Mike K Best Backpacking Pillow Gear 16
T Best place to backpack the Bob Marshall? Trip Planning 17