Any idea of what arch this is-Coyote Buttes North

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Thsb

Trip Reports
Thread starter #1
Does anybody know the name of this arch that is near the Wire Pass Trailhead, and High Heel and Moby Dick arches? We came upon it from up high after a fair bit of wandering up and down some steep sections and were very pleasantly surprised to see it. When finished with the hike I can find no record of this arch online. While it was very out of the way, the lack of information was surprising. Can anybody help?

Attachments

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
I wonder what the process is for discovering and naming a formation. That is one great arch!! I have scrambled quite a lot in North Coyote Buttes and regret not stumbling onto this one.

Trip Reports
Apparently, it's known as Dick's Arch, after Dick Kent, who first saw the arch in 1996.

I just visited it over the weekend and am not surprised it's not well known even thought it's close to The Wave. The hike up to it sucked!

LarryBoy

Hiker Trash
Trip Reports
You should have posted this in Guess the Spot :)

Nice photo! Very interesting!

Jammer

❤2Hike
Trip Reports
I've seen a few (2) pics of this arch on Facebook now. The power of social media -- leaving no stone unturned (or 'unknown' spot secret!)