Another GoPro Competitor - Panasonic to Enter POV Crowd

Dan

Panasonic has announced the lifestyle-oriented HX-A100 'wearable' camcorder. The video camera includes an 'Earthhook' which allows for hands-free video recording. HD video can be captured at 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps. Wi-Fi connectivity allows for live streaming on Ustream and you can use a smartphone or tablet to start and stop recording. The HX-A100 is also waterproof up to 1.5m (5 feet). Pricing and availability are yet to be announced.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/01/07/Panasonic-hx-a100-wearable-action-camera

This looks like it could be another interesting option, panasonic is pretty well known for selling consumer cameras at significant sale prices. At 1080p60, initial specs look pretty good.

Very interesting. At first I was thinking the design was not great, but I can think of a lot of situations that this could be pretty useful. Looks like it's coming out at $299 based on some comments on that page. Hopefully this will drive down prices all around.

I can't tell if it has the wide angle options like the Gopro and that would be very useful. But....240 FPS!! Wow, that is over the top! 240?? that is unbelievable!

Back