Another Adirondack Paddle

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

kwc

Nice sunny days seem to be rare occasions this "spring" so we took advantage of a nice day and paddled Mason Lake in the southern central Adirondacks.
P1030655.JPG

P1030657.JPG

fullsizeoutput_34c4.jpeg

field of pitcher plant "flowers"
P1030660.JPG

P1030665.JPG

P1030671.JPG

our canoes ....
P1030672.JPG

taking a snack break ... it was just breezy enough to keep the black flies at bay
P1030674.JPG

resident loon (thankfully my wife's camera has a great zoom)
P1030663.JPG

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Miya

Because I am able.
I have never seen Pitcher Plants! Very cool! Thanks for the share!

wsp_scott

Looks like a gorgeous day. The pitcher plants look cool, do they get bigger? Or open up?

kwc

Looks like a gorgeous day. The pitcher plants look cool, do they get bigger? Or open up?
They don't get much bigger than that ... those are just the "flowers" that attract the insects ... then the insects slide down the stalks and into the "pitchers" on the bottom of the plant and get digested.

1-purple-pitcher-plant-sarracenia-purpurea-flowers-bob-gibbonsscience-photo-library.jpg