Air pads and mildew question.

I just weighed my Xlite pad and it's like 14.6 oz now. According to spec, it should be 12 oz for the large. Mold weight inside?! :eek:

I agree, they totally suck on a stuff sack. I got a big glad bag and put the nozzle on that. It inflates my entire pad in about 20 seconds now. Plus i have a plastic bag to wrap around my gear in my pack to keep it dry.
I'm going to have to do this! I've nearly passed out from blowing up my neoair at 10K feet a few times!! This is the only time I miss my old thermarest trail lite that would self inflate to 90% full.

No nozzle needed. Just bunch up the neck of your trash compactor bag around the nozzle of the neo-air and squeeze.

I highly recommend a good sturdy compactor bag. You dont want one of those lightweight ones that will only stretch when you put some pressure on it.

I backpack often enough that I had to give up "protecting my investment." Everything is disposable - don't over-think it. I hated paying the price for my XLite, but I've never babied it once in 3 years and it holds air better than my BA pad did the first night. I'd use something cheaper if it did the job as well.

I toss my pad in the yard to let the sun dry it out after trips sometimes.