Adobe Lightroom 4 now available!

The beta was so slow it was a joke to use.
I really hope they fixed that because all the new features in 4 are pretty awesome

The beta was so slow it was a joke to use.
I really hope they fixed that because all the new features in 4 are pretty awesome
I didn't use the beta for this version but I did use the v3 beta and it was the same way. I'm gonna download this when I get home later. I'll let you know how it runs. One thing that I noticed is that this new version can convert your RAW files to DNG files which makes it load your photos a lot faster. Adobe claims 8x faster.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

You didnt ever try the beta?

No, when I tried out the v3 beta it messed up all my catalogs and I was stalled for a couple weeks with all our photography business edits. It was eventually fixed by Adobe and I've never had problems after I loaded the official version but I didn't want to chance that happening again with this beta version.

You should of read the fine print.
The LR4 didnt support a catalog update to avoid that sort of thing. ;)

Having never used any of the previous lightroom additions I went ahead and purchased LR4. What a great software package. I like the way it easily handles my large photo library.

Well I converted and love it but it still runs slow as crap compared to LR3.

I've been using LR4 quite a bit since it came out and really like it. I thought I would use the video editing more than I actually do but I find myself editing video in my dedicated video editing program instead. A couple things I really like about LR4 are the Shadows and Highlights bars that replaced the Fill Light and Recover bars. They make it really easy to get an almost HDR effect without going overboard. The noise reduction is awesome in this new version also. My version of LR4 runs fine on my new laptop but is a little slow on my desktop(probably the computers fault). I also like the new Book module. It makes it really easy to design photo albums. I've used it quite a bit lately making wedding albums.

I've been using LR4 quite a bit since it came out and really like it. I thought I would use the video editing more than I actually do but I find myself editing video in my dedicated video editing program instead.

LR4 video is just for simple color correction, clip review, and H.264 conversion.
Just curious... what are you using as your main editing program.

A couple things I really like about LR4 are the Shadows and Highlights bars that replaced the Fill Light and Recover bars. They make it really easy to get an almost HDR effect without going overboard .

Aw man...:cry:

LR4 video is just for simple color correction, clip review, and H.264 conversion.
Just curious... what are you using as your main editing program.

I tried out LR3 a little here and there and just haven't figured out why I need it over CS5 yet. Maybe I am missing something. I am interest in LR4 just to see what it can do with color correction on video. I use Corel Videostudio Pro X4 and don't like its video corrections much.

I tried out LR3 a little here and there and just haven't figured out why I need it over CS5 yet. Maybe I am missing something. I am interest in LR4 just to see what it can do with color correction on video. I use Corel Videostudio Pro X4 and don't like its video corrections much.

LR is a RAW editor and after using it I find using the RAW editor in CS5 to be very cumbersome and missing oddles of features.
theres also...
catalog management
batch processing (great for star trails)
superior sharpening
superior noise reduction
improved work flow
blah blah blah