54 degrees colder in th mornin’ than currently

Woke up to -5, dropped to -8, now we're back to -5. Chinooks coming in on Friday so we're supposed to go above freezing on Monday.

Yesterday was mid 50s, I think we might have made it to 14 degrees today. Lows tonight will be below zero again, if I recall. But clear skies. Wish we could get some snow, I'm tired of everything being various shades of brown.

Something in the 70's would feel good about right now. Had wind chills well below zero several days last week.

temp.png

Lexington KY had about 10 inches of snow last week and then a couple more last weekend. And then more cold coming for the next week. Not a fan of the Friday PM/Sat AM forecast. I'll take this opportunity to remind all of you out west that we have lots of humidity which makes 10 degrees feel really cold :)

But the "local" ski hill should be able to make lots of snow, so yay?!?

1642643928647.png

P.S. kids school is probably going to be online tomorrow for the 2nd time this week because the school board overreacts at the slightest hint of snow/ice and there is a chance that they will cancel for friday because "too cold to wait for the bus". Not kidding, but wish I was.

Shorts and t-shirt weather in AL today(yesterday, now). 65° the one time I checked.
7F low forecast where I was planning to camp tomorrow night in TN.
Not going, 'cause I'm worried about the roads with rain immediately preceding the temperature drop. Again :confused:

Lexington KY had about 10 inches of snow last week and then a couple more last weekend. And then more cold coming for the next week. Not a fan of the Friday PM/Sat AM forecast. I'll take this opportunity to remind all of you out west that we have lots of humidity which makes 10 degrees feel really cold :)

But the "local" ski hill should be able to make lots of snow, so yay?!?

View attachment 106511

P.S. kids school is probably going to be online tomorrow for the 2nd time this week because the school board overreacts at the slightest hint of snow/ice and there is a chance that they will cancel for friday because "too cold to wait for the bus". Not kidding, but wish I was.
My sister lives in Lexington and works at one of the high schools, so she has loved getting some extra time off this month. Haha.

We got 5.5" of snow overnight at my house yesterday. Lightest, fluffiest stuff I've ever seen. Supposed to be getting another few inches starting any minute now, but it'll be wetter and heavier. I'll be staring out my office window the rest of the afternoon.

I guess I was just ignorant before but I can't believe it's consistently so warm in much of Texas throughout winter. Enjoy that blip of cold!