2022 drought conditions

SWEs across the west are indeed better than I expected. It all came in a massive storm in WA for the most part back in Jan 3-6, 2022. Anyone know what S. NV along the CO River situation really is? Have they had one or more out of season monsoonal blasts of storm rain?

Now just a thought as concerning this drought.

If this mega drought continues thru the spring and the summer with the resulting disastrous results, will this drought then change your plans for next summer and your hiking plans for next summer?
Yup, now that we had a couple of consecutive summers with smoky skies and poor air quality, I'm changing my backpacking schedule for at least this upcoming year to do my "big" solo trip in the Spring (in UT) instead of in the mountains in late summer. I'm also shifting more towards the "shotgun" approach with more smaller trips instead of fewer longer trips. That way if I end up canceling due to air quality, at least it's only a small trip and I have others on the calendar.

Now has one seen the latest forecast? They are now forecasting some big system here in the west that brings rain and snow with cooling everything down for at least a few days afterwards. Maybe we just might get some needed moisture here late in the season that at least helps the west without major problems later in the summer developing. We can hope and pray.

Now has one seen the latest forecast? They are now forecasting some big system here in the west that brings rain and snow with cooling everything down for at least a few days afterwards. Maybe we just might get some needed moisture here late in the season that at least helps the west without major problems later in the summer developing. We can hope and pray.
Yes! Trying not to get my hopes up, but fingers crossed that Sunday storm delivers.

Yes! Trying not to get my hopes up, but fingers crossed that Sunday storm delivers.
Yesterday delivered 7 to 8" of wet mush at our place. Maybe the largest precip event of the water year. There is about 3" more this morning. Hope------

A friend just finished making a groomer to pull behind his antique Ski doo. May be time to make some trails.

Yesterday delivered 7 to 8" of wet mush at our place. Maybe the largest precip event of the water year. There is about 3" more this morning. Hope------

A friend just finished making a groomer to pull behind his antique Ski doo. May be time to make some trails.
Love it. Better get out on the xc skis today before it all starts melting Thursday-Saturday. I'm hoping today is like yesterday where it just keeps going into the early afternoon.

On the upside, the snow/ice has been lingering surprisingly long in even lower elevation spots despite the lack of precipitation. There was still snow along the Virgin River near the Hurricane Canal two weekends ago. Same in Water Canyon and even sunny areas on Canaan Mt.

yeah, I'm down in the St. George area. No measurable moisture since December 29, and nothing in the near future
This will be a dry Spring and Summer again. I'm moving out of the area on April 4, so hopefully after that I will see rain again
If my doctor gives me the OK, I'm coming out at the end of March. Maybe I'll bring you a farewell snow :) What part of Washington you moving too?

If my doctor gives me the OK, I'm coming out at the end of March. Maybe I'll bring you a farewell snow :) What part of Washington you moving too?
yeah, bring some rain or snow. The area definitely needs it.
I'm moving to Puyallup a few miles east of Tacoma. All is set, April 4 is my last day in Utah. Can't wait for my new adventures in Washington

I'm moving to Puyallup a few miles east of Tacoma. All is set, April 4 is my last day in Utah. Can't wait for my new adventures in Washington
If it rains, I'm going back to many pools. But this time I'm taking lots of pictures and plan to walk out, no helicopter :)
I hope you will enjoy Washington. I'm looking forward to my second visit to the olympic peninsula this July.

Well dang. Your going to miss the 4x4 swap meet on March 13th-----

1651009513128.png

Any guesses as to the levels at Bear Lake this coming July? May swing over there on my way north.

I'm actually relieved to finally live in a white area on the map. IN the three weeks I'm here in the PNW I've seen more rain than in the entire 4 years I lived in Utah which is pretty amazing.
But sad to see so many dark red spots on the map, especially in the Greater Yellowstone area

Lol.... I Wouldn't trade the dry for that rain....

Another:

Screen-Shot-2022-04-26-at-1.30.30-PM-768x586.png