2 day back country hike Yosemite?

Mike Jones

I have a long weekend coming up and was thinking of driving up to yosemite to do a 2 night 3 day back country hike. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a new camera I would love to get some great pictures with ;-)

We have a bunch of these on our website, backpackthesierra.com. you don't say how many miles you want to walk, or if cross country is an option...and as always at this crime of year, pay VERY close attention to the weather.

Look at Ten Lakes Basin for two days of hiking and a base camp to explore and or fish the lakes.

Same for the cross countybroute to Echo Lake and Matthew

North Rim is another option if you want to stay a bit warmer...

Bridalveil Creek to Royal Arches Lake loop

Glen Aulin to Young Lakes and back into TM..

We also like the East side trailheads,,,and Emigrant Wilderness, just north of Yosemite, has some great hikes at slightly lower elevations,,,

I'm piggy-backing on this post for a followup question. What issues - if any - are there with getting wilderness permits with the quotas? I'll be in Yosemite next month, but it appears that there are no more reservations for most of the TH permits (esp. around Tuolumne). What's the chances of getting walk-in permits? I'm looking at a couple of multi-day hikes (20 Lakes, outside the park; Clouds Rest).

Back