Album Wildlife

Sad news on this one. The NPS decided the elk in question was a threat and killed him. :facepalm:

http://www.whas11.com/news/Head-butting-Smokies-elk-in-viral-video-euthanized-232214381.html

whoa...

Link to more on PetaPixel: http://petapixel.com/2013/11/13/photographer-gets-tussle-elk-copious-amounts-headbutting-ensues/

elk1-jpg.13271

Bummer! :( I bet he didn't think that taking a picture and standing his ground could kill. Unfortunately there are too many wild animals being euthanized because of human carelessness, dangerous or not.

Mule deer in the wintery Henry's a couple days ago.

Got about a dozen more to post later, so I hope ya like 'em!
- DAA

That's phenomenal Dave! Would like to see some of your jeep in deep too.

Art, I did not take any pictures of the stucks. I rarely do, but pretty much never when I'm by myself. Just seems like I'm so focused on getting my tail out of the crack I don't even think about pictures. The worst stuck the other day, I actually DID think about taking pictures. Took me a couple of hours to get going again. But it was blowing snow so hard, I really didn't want to expose a camera to it, not even for a few seconds.

- DAA

We had been slowly driving around some of the 4x4 roads just to the South of Red Mtn Pass off of 550, when some movement caught my eye. I just had enough time to get the camera out and take 2 quick shots before it trotted off into the woods. I checked with the DOW and they confirmed that it was a Linx. Even though it lasted just a few seconds, it was amazing!

Got a new lens a couple days ago. A Tamron 150-600. Took it out for it's first test drive today. The coyotes were willing to play.

Lens did just fine. I'm not convinced it's doing any better than my old Sigma 150-500 though. I might just return the Tamron. I need to decide in the next few days. If I keep the Tamron, my Sigma is going to be for sale though - in case anyone is interested.

20140126_Wildlife-429W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-609W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-292W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-151W.jpg

20140126_Wildlife-189W.jpg

- DAA

I may be interested ;) If it's for a Canon

Hey Marty, it is Canon mount, and I have decided to keep the Tamron. So my beloved Sigma 150-500 needs to be sold :cry:. I know it probably just sounds like sales talk at this point, but I really do hate to part with it. I have had just a ton of fun and got a lot of images that I really like with it. A lot of prints on my walls made with it. The thought of selling it gives me separation anxiety...

But... Just no way I can afford to keep it. The budget deal was that if I got the new Tamron, the Sigma would have to be sold to partially pay for it.

So, anyway, I'll send you a PM with the details.

- DAA