Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Take the new Canon R5 (like the one @TractorDoc has). For a tent, you can borrow my Springbar Outfitter, and I just ordered a new sleeping bag from the REI sale and you can pick it up at the store - it's the Marmot Never Summer. And you'll also want a memory foam mattress. And Jelly Bellies.

Of course, with all this gear you'll need a mule...not to always go there, but it's just how things get done, packs get packed, backcountry gets explored, etc. - with mules.

Wait! You're going out again already?

Yep, heading to where the "Holdup Bear" is located on your first map.

Unfortunately, I don't have an R5 in my arsenal of cameras. @TractorDoc is always one, maybe two steps ahead of me in the camera world.

I believe that I hauled a mule in with me on my last trip. More to come on that later - both mule and my last trip. :D

Oh, Scatty boy, the bogs, the bogs are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side.

Last edited:
Scatman down must happen a lot, your traveling companions seem unfazed and unconcerned :p

It absolutely does happen a lot. Got any advice on how I can avoid this in the future? :D

I was about to mention the fact that no one was concerned about my plight. :)

This happened on our way back to the trailhead yesterday. We were maybe 2 miles from getting out. I had no trouble negotiating the log when I was going in. I thought for sure that I'd make it through a trip without falling down, but alas it didn't turn out to be the case.

Are you still greasing your boots for faster talus skiing?

You might also want to enroll in one of those gymnastics places. Go with your backpack and spend some time on the beam. Just be prepared for all the children to laugh at you, which might be worse embarrassment than some stumbling in front of bison and chickadees. I am not sure which carries more weight in the embarrassing slipups matrix.

Are you still greasing your boots for faster talus skiing?

You might also want to enroll in one of those gymnastics places. Go with your backpack and spend some time on the beam. Just be prepared for all the children to laugh at you, which might be worse embarrassment than some stumbling in front of bison and chickadees. I am not sure which carries more weight in the embarrassing slipups matrix.

Clearly the children laughing at me would be a much higher weight on the matrix. Slipping up in front of bison and chickadees just tells them that I am not a threat, so they can carry on with their normal business. :)

Does anyone make backcountry walkers? If not, might be a good startup - probably would garner lots of startup money from those tech bros we keep hearing about.

ETA: The marketing would be fun - from this (picture of Scattie down) to THIS!!! (picture of Scattie being chased by a bison while trying to run with a walker. Maybe backcountry runners would be a subsidiary?)

It absolutely does happen a lot. Got any advice on how I can avoid this in the future? :D

I was about to mention the fact that no one was concerned about my plight. :)

You could try a smaller pack Instead of that huge thing on your back, more chance of recovering your balance when you find a slippery log :)

Does anyone make backcountry walkers? If not, might be a good startup - probably would garner lots of startup money from those tech bros we keep hearing about.

ETA: The marketing would be fun - from this (picture of Scattie down) to THIS!!! (picture of Scattie being chased by a bison while trying to run with a walker. Maybe backcountry runners would be a subsidiary?)

Does the deluxe edition come with a bear spray holder? Those grizz are pretty sharp and would know that I am feeble. :moses:

I think you need to come up with a prototype Skipper. :thumbsup:

It says travel method - feet - so what if it's 4 instead of 2, shouldn't be a problem, right? And they didn't ask about type of shoes.