Snowshoeing For Dummies

While weight is important for determining size, also consider the trails you will be on. You can get away with smaller shoes on packed trails (I find larger shoes more awkward on packed trails) than you can on fresh powder. That's why I like the versatility of the MSRs, since you can add the tails for the powder, yet still have smaller shoes for packed trails.

Exactly Randy
That's why I love the MSR snowshoes. Having the choice to add the tails is so great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haha, I wondered if someone would react to that.:) We took in a kitty on New Year Day that someone either lost or abandoned. He likes to go outside, so I take him out on the weekends for a stroll around the apartment complex. I don't put him on a leash, so it might not look as funny as it sounds, but he sure enjoys it. I just let him go where he wants and I follow him around. I'll have to take my camera with us the next time we go for a walk.

Good for you! I have a 5 month old kitten (rescued from a starving cat colony in Tropic) who's as social as a dog, he might enjoy walking on a leash. :cool:

Good for you! I have a 5 month old kitten (rescued from a starving cat colony in Tropic) who's as social as a dog, he might enjoy walking on a leash. :cool:

You never know until you try. I've tried to put a couple of my cats on a leash in the past, with less than stellar results, but some cats dig it.:)

You never know until you try. I've tried to put a couple of my cats on a leash in the past, with less than stellar results, but some cats dig it.:)

believe it or not, I had a totally crazy cat that I could actually walk on a leash. She didn't care.
But usually she laid like a scarf around my neck and so I had to go with her to the grocery store or where ever I needed to go.
She just kept laying there.
It was one of the most arrogant cats I ever had - Madame Kiki - she behaved like a French Queen. I brought her once from France.
I guess if I still had her she would come with me on camping trips. :)