Site Updates

Nice work! Desktop feels cleaner (I like the notification for new messages in the thread you're currently viewing). The mobile version still needs work as I'm sure you're aware. I like having the trip report images on mobile. Unfortunately, they don't handle landscape orientation well on my iPhone 5. The header graphic also doesn't scale to the smaller viewport, it just runs off the side of the page.

Edit: I'm also getting a CSS error on the maps page.

I really like it. I did like how the homepage slider was with the small images on the side of the slider instead of just bullets on the top like it is now. my 2 cents...

Thanks everyone.

@ashergrey - I think I got all of the bugs you mentioned taken care of. On the photos in landscape on iphone, I'm not sure if I can do anything. Responsive design is meant to fill available width so it's doing what it's supposed to, it's just not ideal on the extra wide iphone screen (I'm back on an iPhone 5S so I can see first hand). I'll poke around more though.

I'm going to post here about some of the new features of the site that happened with the big update this week. In regard to the post editor, here are some new things you can start utilizing immediately:

Drag and drop uploading
Provided your browser supports it, you can now drag files into the editor to upload them:
upload_2014-1-24_1-27-23.png

Pasting images
If you use Chrome or Firefox and have an image in your clipboard, you can simply paste it into the editor. It will automatically be uploaded as an attachment if possible. If the upload is successful, this works exactly like uploading an image and then clicking the "full image" button.

Auto save drafts
While you are typing a message, every 60 seconds, a draft of your message will be saved. If you reload the page later, your message will be automatically re-shown. Drafts will be automatically pruned over time.

Each draft is associated with a particular piece of content, such as a thread, forum, or conversations. A draft reply that you start working on in thread 1 will not be shown to thread 2 and so forth.

upload_2014-1-24_1-23-10.png

Display if messages have been posted since you started your message
Tied into the auto-saving, when you're writing a reply to a thread, we will check to see if any new messages and display a note if there are. You can then display those new posts without reloading the page.

Sweet. eh? :)

I was going to email you but I figured you knew and I didn't want to harass you!

Great job on the mobile CSS style sheet (or whatever). I totally understand the amount of work involved in this type of project and have a lot of respect for your efforts.

One thing I would support is a "donate" button...just a thought.

I really like it. I did like how the homepage slider was with the small images on the side of the slider instead of just bullets on the top like it is now. my 2 cents...
I agree with the homepage. I liked the small images on the side better as I could glance over then quickly and see what I had missed.

The reason those little blocks are gone is to make the site more 'responsive' so that it looks good on everything from a computer to a tablet to a phone. I agree though, they were nice. I'll see if there isn't some way to still pull them off. Any responsive CSS design pros out there?

Auto save drafts
While you are typing a message, every 60 seconds, a draft of your message will be saved. If you reload the page later, your message will be automatically re-shown. Drafts will be automatically pruned over time.

Each draft is associated with a particular piece of content, such as a thread, forum, or conversations. A draft reply that you start working on in thread 1 will not be shown to thread 2 and so forth.
View attachment 14467

Sweet. eh? :)

I love you I love you I love you! :twothumbs: