Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, Amanda. Have you hiked any of the Lone Star trail? A friend and I
did the wilderness loop off 149 last week. One of the few sections not closed due to hunting. Nothing exciting, though.

Not yet. I've been down to Brazos Bend state park, but that's it so far since I moved here earlier this year. I'll have to check it out one of these weekends, now that the temps have finally cooled down enough to be active outside.

Hey there fellow friends. I'm Krissi and new to the site. Already found some great info and looking forward to using this more often. I work for Utah.com and have my own videography business, and love to play in the outdoors. Live in Heber, and headed to Capitol Reef this weekend, hopefully.

Hey Nick. Aaron from Oklahoma. I came across your blog when researching Canyonlands.... Just wanted to say thanks for all the great info. I'm hoping you will consider me a friend enough to share the password to the Salt Creek Trail review. Planning a trip out there and would love to see your maps.

Hello. I found this sight researching a trip through Montana down to New Mexico and back to Louisiana (home). Looks like some great trip and trail reviews. Glad to be here.

Hey, brand new to backcountrypost, i'm big into backpacking, kayaking, rock climbing, and pretty much anything in between. this is a sweet site, i'm stoked to have a look around

Hi everyone, I'm Mike and I live in Oakland, California. My parents started bringing me to Utah when I was pretty young and now that I'm old it's become my happy place and getaway from a life in the tech industry. I'm mostly a dayhiker (occasionally short backpacking trips), and have been living vicariously through the adventures of @Nick and @Jammer for awhile. Also, like many folks here, I'm an amateur photographer (though I'm getting tired of lugging my big DSLR around). Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Just joined this site today. I really like the feel of the site and hope to get to know many of you. Have a great day!

Hello all, my name is Mathew Peace, I live in Ogden Utah, I spend a lot of time enjoying the great outdoors whether its a day hike a day wading the river, or a couple days backpacking some remote area.

Stacy, just checking in. Like the site, see you a have number of Intrepids photo's posted, really enjoy following his adventures. I get out as often as I can but not near as often as I should. Been adventuring most of my life in one capacity or another. Truly enjoy winter outings and skiing. Fishing is my number one release, year round, any type, anywhere and anytime!

I'm Garry. Like to get in three or more backpacking trips each year plus lots of day hikes and 40+ days of skiing. Plotting and planning hiking trips for 2014. Last three years have hit Colorado and Canadian Rockies and the Sierras. Working on a return visit to the Maze in Canyonlands in April.

Hi I`m Ian from England, currently living 300 miles above the Arctic Circle in Norway.
Have been reading and using your gear reviews for some time now and have found them very helpful when buying new gear so I thought it was time to sign up. Many thanks for a great site

Hi I`m Ian from England, currently living 300 miles above the Arctic Circle in Norway.
Have been reading and using your gear reviews for some time now and have found them very helpful when buying new gear so I thought it was time to sign up. Many thanks for a great site

Welcome to BCP! I'm sure I speak for many when I say we'd love to see some pics from up that way!

Welcome to BCP! I'm sure I speak for many when I say we'd love to see some pics from up that way!
Have to admit that i`m no photography or computor expert but i would love to share some photos when i have worked out how and where to post them. Shall read the ``posting a photo guide`` now.

Hi everybody, I have been watching this site for quite some time. I love reading trip reports and seeing some of the beautiful photos that the users have been posting. Keep up the good work!

Hello. Noob here. I've grown up hiking and camping, but lately I've been bitten by the 4x4 bug and have spent the last few years exploring Utah via 4x4. I'm now making the transition back to backpacking and I look forward to learning about more places to go, and hopefully meet new people. I've only lived in Utah for 8 years, and I'm always looking for new places to explore. I enjoy mountain biking, hiking, mild canyoneering, showshoeing, and camping with my wife and dog.

I'm a TreadLightly! master trainer, so if BCP ever wants to host a TL training, I'd be happy to oblige.

Hi, I'm Hugh. I happened upon this site while looking for information on the Highline Trail which I'd like to backpack in the summer of 2015.

I do a majority of my backpacking in Yellowstone National Park where I completed a two week trip in September to the headwaters of the Yellowstone River beneath Younts Peak in the Teton Wilderness.

Other interests include cycling and canoeing. I enjoy taking pictures, though I would not consider myself much of a photographer.

Welcome scatman. I'll be hiking the highline trail this August, and I'd be happy to share any planning info I pick up.

sixstringsteve - Sounds good. Have you decided if you are hiking "east to west" or "west to east" and how many days do you plan to be on the trail?

Plans are still in the words, but I believe we're going East to West. I'm invited along as a guest, so I'm not planning the route, but I am still doing as much research as I can.

We are planning on about 7 days just to be safe. We'll also have some shortcut exit strategies in case someone gets injured. My biggest concern is getting stuck in a rainstorm for 4 days straight.

Have you seen this video yet? A little long, but it shows a lot about what the trail is like.