Klymit jacket on Kickstarter

Dave

Broadcaster, formerly "ashergrey"
Just saw this Kickstarter project... by Ogden-based inflatable gear-maker Klymit. I know people on here have chatted about their pads. I'm somewhat skeptical about the feasibility of an inflatable jacket. Anyone have perspective to share?

Hey guys! I do want to say that I work for Klymit, so I hope you'll still take my advice! We believe that the Ulaar is worth the trouble of a Kickstarter project because you can have just one jacket as opposed to multiple layers to find your most comfortable body temperature during various activities. The variable insulation is easy to adjust (trust me, I've tried it and I like my gear simple) and the jacket ventilates well when deflated and is super warm when fully inflated. It is windproof and waterproof. It is warmer and thinner because the argon gas chambers trap your body heat 3 times better than dead air. The idea of using Argon gas came from scuba diving gear-feel free to check that out here, it is super interesting
My favorite thing about the Ulaar (and this is because I love backpacking and try to go as lightweight as possible) is that Argon gas is virtually weightless. It is having a ski coat the same weight as a windbreaker. Also, if you are into the eco-friendly thing like we are, it is the only insulation you won't find in a landfill! Also it doesn't involve animal feathers/materials just in case you are vegan.
Hope this helps and feel free to ask me anything else in the future!