Grandeur 1/16

TannerT

Hike Hard, Tread Lightly
Time flies! And for us 10 years have past. We've looked back and realized that we've been ultimately blessed and fortunate for all that has happened in a decade of marriage. 2 kids, a dog, a house, stable employment and, of course, a lifetime's worth of adventure and good times!!! So we figured we'd celebrate. We got a babysitter (thanks to my Mom and Sister-in-law) and headed out for a hike, dinner and a movie.
Grandeur was our goal and it did not disappoint even thought the clouds rolled in, the wind howled, and we both got blisters (maybe the third time in the last decade). It was a great day. The following pics are an appetizer for what we did. The trail was plenty packed down that some snow spikes would've been sufficient but all we had were snowshoes (needed for the last summit push). The snow started as we approached the top and then stayed steady during the descent, covering all fresh tracks. We stopped at the saddle going down and enjoyed a hot lunch and then trekked out. It was wonderful being out with Jo!
DSC_1310.jpg DSC_1321.jpg DSC_1323.jpg DSC_1329.jpg DSC_1332.jpg DSC_1334.jpg DSC_1342.jpg DSC_1348.jpg DSC_1358.jpg DSC_1362.jpg DSC_1368.jpg DSC_1382.jpg

This last photo is by far my favorite. The windblown and smattered snow against the tree with Jo ascending the last 100 feet. The temps were cold but the wind had a strong bite to it.

A great day and wonderful way to celebrate the 10 year mark!

Congrats on the decade!

The snow has been good this year for sure.

It looks like conditions were a little rougher at the top than when I went up the next day. Great stuff!

It looks like conditions were a little rougher at the top than when I went up the next day. Great stuff!
Yeah...I read your TR and thought 'Hugh had it easy!' ;) It's a great hike in any weather. We saw quite a few folks out for the conditions too.

sent from an undisclosed location

Congrats on the 10 year milestone! Looks like a fun time out... snow and the cold is a lot easier to take when you know you have a nice dinner and a movie coming afterwards. Good stuff.

Congrats on the 10 year milestone! Looks like a fun time out... snow and the cold is a lot easier to take when you know you have a nice dinner and a movie coming afterwards. Good stuff.
Thanks John. We hadn't had a 'kid free' full day in about 2 years. It was awesome!

sent from an undisclosed location

Congrats to you and Jo for your 10! You guys are tough. Usually after a hike like that my sweetie go home to bed but THEN you went out for dinner and a movie. :twothumbs: