Finally found this

Skiwi

I have done a lot of trip planning research on the web the last few years but never stumbled across this site until now - I am not sure why but better late that never.

My husband and I love the outdoors and in winter we mainly ski but in summer mix it up with running (me), mountain biking (him) and as much hiking as possible. Other (especially water based) adventures get thrown in there too.

We love to go backpacking but mainly these have been limited to 1 - 3 night trips due to work commitments. Last year we hit a bit of a road block as he broke his leg badly at the beginning of the year but this year we have backpacked in Coyote Gulch, Cascade Canyon (Grand Teton NP), Mt Timpanogos, Ibantik Lake in the Uintas and the Needles section of Canyonlands. We have also been on a lot of car camping trips and day hikes.

Previous to moving to Utah, we lived in Yellowstone NP for 2 summers and have backpacked a lot in that park including the Bechler/Cascade Corner, Heart Lake/Mt Sheridan, Shoshone Lake, Black Canyon of the Yellowstone, Slough/Pebble Creeks and surrounding areas including the Beartooth Wilderness, Grand Teton National Park and Gallatin National Forest. Our total was about 700 miles hiking over the two summers in that area which might give you an idea of how much we loved it there.

Next year we are hoping to organize our work better so that we can do a couple of slightly longer trips including 6 nights on the JMT (submitting our permit application early next year) and hopefully a few nights in the Wind River area. So you are likely to see me on here asking a few questions as I fine tune the plans and there should be a few trip reports after :).

You found the right place. We've done the JMT and if you need pointers or someone to bounce questions off of, let me know.

Salud!

Hi there and welcome. The members here are super helpful and knowledgeable. My wife and I are planning on section hiking the JMT starting in 2017 so I'll have to watch your progress. Though not too detailed, there's a book on section hiking it by Kathleen Dodge that might be helpful to pick up if you don't have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk