Water in the Needles early-May 2021

evanjon

Hi gurus,

Similar to this post in 2016 and this post in 2019, I'm heading in for a 3-night backcountry trip. (LC3, CP5, EC1). Going to ask the rangers as well, but hoping for more timely info that anyone has as I plan my water strategy for early May 2021!

Thanks.

Going there in a few days with plans to stay at DP1 and EC3. I called the rangers and they said there's a small pool near Druid but they are asking everyone to pack in all their water because of the drought.

Hi @angeedraper, hope your trip went well! Any update? I'm heading there this weekend, and our current plan is to day-hike/cache water at EC1, and backpacking in with 2.5 day worth. But I was also going to pack my sawyer just in case.

Lemme know!

Hi @angeedraper, hope your trip went well! Any update? I'm heading there this weekend, and our current plan is to day-hike/cache water at EC1, and backpacking in with 2.5 day worth. But I was also going to pack my sawyer just in case.

Lemme know!
I am just seeing this. I am so sorry I missed your response. Hope your trip went well. We had a great time and agree with the 4L a day water recommendations. We found a little water near EC3. Let me know how your trip went.

Back