Youtube Outdoor Videos

I mostly watch strangers' videos to scout out new places, get a grasp on what they are like and what I will need. Hiking videos aren't that helpful. But I really prefer watching videos of, say, mountain biking, to get the gist of what a trail or park is like.

Blueeyes thanks for sharing Hiker in Estonia. She is awesome. I like her ten reasons for hiking alone. I have three daughters and while I would not encourage them to hike alone where we live, I would hope they would recognize and foster the spirit that the hiker in estonia embraces.

tv

Last edited:
+1 what Tim said. She is so entertaining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Hiker in Estonia is heading out with her mother to do the Annapurna Circuit. That’s quite a leap from flat Estonia. Hope they do okay.

Wow! Hiker in Estonia is heading out with her mother to do the Annapurna Circuit. That’s quite a leap from flat Estonia. Hope they do okay.

I saw that. It is a leap and I am sure she will learn a ton and have fun. It is so sweet her mom is going. I owe my love of the outdoors to both of my parents, but at this point in life neither of them could backpack with me. My mom did come camp with us at Sarah's races in a tent even! She loved it, but it was hard on her.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I’m kinda in the same position with my dad. He’s the one that got me started but can’t hike any more due to his age/health. I try to “include” by having him track me on my InReach and make videos of my trips.

He told me the other day that the videos cheer him up. Seems bittersweet.

Last edited:
I’m kinda in the same position with my dad. He’s the one that got me started but can’t hike any more due to his age/health. I try to “include” by having him track me on my InReach and make videos of my trips.

He told me the other day that the videos cheer him up. Seems bittersweet.

Of all things my mother has an Instgram account so I post pictures there for her. And she enjoys my trip reports and is the main motivation for any report I have ever posted online. So she frequents here as a quiet lurker.

Looks like she and Mum finished! Look forward to her vlog on the trip. I love that she does watercolors on her trips. It all most makes me want to get a set and try this.

Okay this isn't YouTube but Vimeo.

I LOVE Montanus. After watching one if their videos I start biting at the bit to get out on bike and go.

Okay this isn't YouTube but Vimeo.

I LOVE Montanus. After watching one if their videos I start biting at the bit to get out on bike and go.

This video is so well done. I am thinking these guys are filmmakers that like to bike rather than bikers that like to video. I am wondering where the packrafts came from? I didn't see how they were carried on the bikes. Do they pack up that small to be carried on the chassis? Or were they on the bikers backs? Or do they do this all the time and had them stashed somewhere....like my friends do in the Wind rivers.