World gone haywire

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. And glad to hear that it wasn't worse. I hope the PT and other stuff get you going again soon!

I have had a few bouts with vertigo over the last several years myself, and as @gnwatts mentioned it, I can only self-diagnose it as the BBPV for myself, so I can partially relate to just how miserable it is. Each incident happened upon waking and lifting my head too suddenly or something upon rising or rolling out of bed and any sudden movements of my head only amplified it. The last case was bad enough to make me vomit a few times. It was then, I found out via YouTube about an exercise that has you kneel down on your knees and do some yoga-looking moves that effectively uses gravity to assist with moving and settling those calcium deposits. That certainly seemed to help have me feeling better almost instantly, within a couple of hours, I was back to feeling like my normal self. Between that, and because laying on one side always made it worse than the other side in each case, is what led me to my self-diagnosis. Fortunately for me, each incident only lasted a few hours and have been few and far between, but each time, it was miserable enough to almost think death would be more desirable than having to live with vertigo persistently 24/7 for a long time. It was scary at the time and had me thinking each time if I should have my wife rush me into the ER. I am grateful that were short-lived experiences though and grateful to be armed with the knowledge of an exercise should such an attack happen again for me that has proven to be effective for me. I wish your experience with it was just that, but since it isn't, I really hope you have a speedier recovery from whatever it is that's causing it. If it's anything related to Labyrinthitis, which is something my MIL was diagnosed with a few years ago, it certainly can take a few months to fully resolve. Hope you've been continuing to improve day by day and wish you all the best!

I hope you get back to 100% soon and never have issues again! Sounds awful.