Album Wildlife

LOVE that expression in the second one!

There were two siblings in this nest and they both were definitely giving me the stare down. This one was very vocal, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that blows my pre-conceptions and previously watched video experience of bears climbing trees away. Motherly drive...

There were two things I was going to do after seeing that. 1. Send it to Art and 2. Post it to BCP. The only reason I didn't do #1 is because I knew you followed this thread. :) Crazy stuff. Makes me think twice about the stories I've heard where bears don't go up trees after someone. Not that they aren't true, but more so that the bear was just messing around or something. Clearly they have no problem doing it.

Bwahaha! That is a truly great cat picture! @Scott Chandler, did you see that fat grizzly over at Katmai?

Dominance behavior is so rad. I didn't get to see it much of the coolest stuff (cowboy walking, tree rubbing) but was always impressed when I did. Assuming the video is fairly recent, that huge bear would probably be either bear 747 or 32. Those two are really big boys and from what I have been told (and sorta seen on the bearcams) have been playing more dominance games since I was there.

Can’t believe she let me get this shot...

fe61912314629b4473d07cb1c7bb591f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk