Album Wildlife

I found another one!! Female Jackson's Chameleon

jacksonʻs%201-XL.jpg
 
Saw this guy Saturday from a distance. He was calling and rooting around in the trees, but we missed him coming closer.
IMG_3126.jpg

RCM00676.JPG

Later we had breakfast across the way, at a little campsite hidden in the trees. I was imitating a few grunts. A few minutes later a photographer came creeping along the trail with his big lens. He was very disappointed.
Apparently I can call in photogs successfully. :roflmao:

On the way down we ran into EMTs running up the trail, someone on the other side of the loop had gone into cardiac arrest.
IMG_3151.jpg
 
I need to do a better job of capturing photos when I hike and contributing more content to this site. I'll strive to do better!

In the interim, I did capture this photo while hiking Fawn Pass in YNP this past Saturday morning. I must say, of all the wildlife I thought I might come across in Yellowstone on the first weekend in October, a porcupine was not on my list. Pretty cool siting, as I had never before seen one in the wild.

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg
 
I guess this elk has been hanging around the backcountry campsites. He sauntered away from us.
IMG_3284.jpg

This fox was playing and hunting. We could see him for quite a while from a distance, but he is camera shy, and this is all I got.
IMG_3337.jpg

This grouse was not shy or camera shy. This is not zoomed in, I could have nudged it with my foot. It drank, looked at me, and then drank again, before I stepped around it. If it had fluttered, it probably would have stopped my heart. The rest of the covy was in the bushes a few feet up the hill from the trail.
IMG_3387.jpg

Another poser. My daughter made fun of the size of his antlers, and hurt his feelings.
IMG_3403.jpg
 
I guess this elk has been hanging around the backcountry campsites. He sauntered away from us.
View attachment 153290

This fox was playing and hunting. We could see him for quite a while from a distance, but he is camera shy, and this is all I got.
View attachment 153291

This grouse was not shy or camera shy. This is not zoomed in, I could have nudged it with my foot. It drank, looked at me, and then drank again, before I stepped around it. If it had fluttered, it probably would have stopped my heart. The rest of the covy was in the bushes a few feet up the hill from the trail.
View attachment 153292

Another poser. My daughter made fun of the size of his antlers, and hurt his feelings.
View attachment 153293

Where is this? Yellowstone?
 
Back
Top