Album Wildlife

@IntrepidXJ

Did you see any evidence of a family group with this badger?

We didn't see any physical evidence. However, after finding a different campsite I actually came back up to take this photo of the badger. When I returned he was over in some nearby rocks, but as I got closer to it's obvious home in these rocks, he came running up and stood just like this in front of the hole, very defensively. I assume he was protecting something inside. I didn't get any closer and left him alone once I snapped this photo. :)

We didn't see any physical evidence. However, after finding a different campsite I actually came back up to take this photo of the badger. When I returned he was over in some nearby rocks, but as I got closer to it's obvious home in these rocks, he came running up and stood just like this in front of the hole, very defensively. I assume he was protecting something inside. I didn't get any closer and left him alone once I snapped this photo. :)

Sounds like a pretty cool experience. Great photo!

Not one of my best pics ever, but there is a Great Horned Owl that sometimes hangs around my place.

20180820_154530-L.jpg

Mountain - house Rescue
- This juvenile Northern Goshawk flew over my head while on my knees working on a project at the open front door, then over Beck's head preparing evening dinner in the kitchen and knocked itself silly against the kitchen patio door. Rookie! The next 15 minutes were a gasping, giggling Catch and Release event. It was a great evening.

End of August, 2017.

21167573_10214097316053461_6168851104320735216_o.jpg

Mountain - house Rescue
- This juvenile Northern Goshawk flew over my head while on my knees working on a project at the open front door, then over Beck's head preparing evening dinner in the kitchen and knocked itself silly against the kitchen patio door. Rookie! The next 15 minutes were a gasping, giggling Catch and Release event. It was a great evening.

End of August, 2017.

View attachment 69362

Oh my gosh! Hope he’s okay but, wow, what a special visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several from last week's Yellowstone/Grand Teton Visit.

Normally I don't give squirrels a second look at home, but couldn't help watching this guy eat a pine cone like a cob of corn.

5J5A1344.JPG

I felt something watching me heading back from Wrangler Lake. Saw this guy across the meadow and he/she put on a show while trying to catch a snack.

5J5A1926.JPG

5J5A1930.JPG

Can you spot the Pika amongst the rocks?

5J5A2315.JPG

Itchy Bison along the trail.

5J5A1946.JPG

Butterfly near Lone Star Geyser.

5J5A2528.JPG

Mule Deer near Jenny Lake.

5J5A2134A.JPG

Bugling Elk.

5J5A2571.JPG

Moose, also near Jenny Lake, in the Moose Ponds.

5J5A2371A.JPG

Was not quick enough to catch the Mountain Goats and Grizzly Bear (saw both while driving). . . but there is always next time ;) .

The other day while hiking in The Needles, my dad and I came upon a damp patch of sand. No surface water, just damp sand. As we neared said sand, I noticed what appeared to be large flies on the sand and pointed them out. Small, centimeter long grey things, moving about erratically. @chandlerwest and I seemed to notice that they moved about differently than a fly would, short jittery movements.

It turns out, they were YOUNG Red Spotted Toads. Absolutely adorable. I'd say we spent quarter to half an hour watching them and trying to get pictures. They moved a lot in low lighting conditions, so my pictures weren't great, but a couple turned out ok... Still not what I would have liked but you get what you get.

--20.jpg--24.jpg--35.jpg