Album Wildflowers

Waterton NP in the SW corner of Alberta is known for it's profuse wildflowers, and although this summer has not been the greatest for that, our 4 days there recently did not disappoint.
_1300485-copy-2.jpg

_1300435-copy-2.jpg

_1300506-copy-2.jpg
In addition to an abundance of wildflowers, there are many species that in Alberta, are only found here and in the the neighbouring Castle Provincial Park. Here are four of those:
_1300410-copy-2.jpg
It seems like an off year for beargrass, compared to last summer's abundance.
_1300425-copy-2.jpg
Mountain Hollyhock.
_1300686-copy-2.jpg
Big Mountain Gentian.
_1300590-copy-2.jpg
Red Monkeyflower.

We loved Crested Butte! I'm jealous of your sons if they live there. I felt obligated as a mountain biker to make a pilgrimage to CB at some point (it's one of the mountain biking meccas), and it didn't disappoint
They love mountain biking (and running and skiing...) and send us lots of pics from their adventures. I'm a horrible cyclist, so I won't be joining them for that, but I'm looking forward to hiking. My younger son has been living there since April and is really happy. My older son is splitting time between there and Boulder, but the drive is too much and he'll mostly be in Boulder starting soon (after our visit). They're still pretty young, so who knows where they'll settle!

They love mountain biking (and running and skiing...) and send us lots of pics from their adventures. I'm a horrible cyclist, so I won't be joining them for that, but I'm looking forward to hiking. My younger son has been living there since April and is really happy. My older son is splitting time between there and Boulder, but the drive is too much and he'll mostly be in Boulder starting soon (after our visit). They're still pretty young, so who knows where they'll settle!
So much for my excitement - girlfriend has covid, both sons exposed and probably will be sick in a few days. No trip to CB... :(

We have wildflower season year-round.
So I toss in some water hyacinths with a tropical setting near the beach
Punaluʻu Black Sand Beach, HI

water%20hyacinths%20copy-XL.jpg