Why do you do this ?

Not always . Hiked out plenty of times . Can’t always depend on aircraft , and they don’t fly at night to pick crews up , too dangerous
Ha.... I have to hike out more often than not after being flown in to a division

I believe that God intentionally put the most beautiful things in out of the way places that, in the material sense, man has no practical reason to visit. Places that hold little promise for industry, agriculture, or development, that even in our modern day usually have no direct access by road. Places separated from the paths of least resistance by mountains, gorges, and deserts. Places where the relative few who are willing to put forth the effort are rewarded by seeing and experiencing beauty on a scale that most never will, and probably cannot even relate to.
I want to see those places.

I really just want to get out of sight and sound of other people, but ^^^that(which I actually wrote ~4yrs ago) allows some pretense of sociability on my part...

I believe that God intentionally put the most beautiful things in out of the way places that, in the material sense, man has no practical reason to visit. Places that hold little promise for industry, agriculture, or development, that even in our modern day usually have no direct access by road. Places separated from the paths of least resistance by mountains, gorges, and deserts. Places where the relative few who are willing to put forth the effort are rewarded by seeing and experiencing beauty on a scale that most never will, and probably cannot even relate to.
I want to see those places.

I really just want to get out of sight and sound of other people, but ^^^that(which I actually wrote ~4yrs ago) allows some pretense of sociability on my part...
My thoughts exactly.

Ha.... I have to hike out more often than not after being flown in to a division
Yes , when I was on the shots we hiked 9/10 times . That crews history was known for taking assignments other crews turned down . We had to keep the tradition going .

Reactions: Bob
Yes , when I was on the shots we hiked 9/10 times . That crews history was known for taking assignments other crews turned down . We had to keep the tradition going .
What shot crew...

I do it because out there in all that beauty my life feels less stagnant than it does working my regular job and sitting at home :\

Especially doing off trail routes, makes me feel like a kid again. Pretending that I just went back in time to the frontier days, absent of trails, mapping the mountains.

I do it for the beauty that’s nature the quiet and the opportunity for awe.
What a peculiar god you have that to you makes the most beautiful natural places unattainable to most people yet demands that we love him without question.
Try taking a drive along the California coast or celebrate the sunset over the Grand Canyon with several hundreds of your fellow man the beauty is there everyday for all to see.

Back