Which Ursack and why?

I like the volume of the Ursack Major XL (15L) but the Allmitey keeps rodents out...but doesn't have a 15 liter version...and though most of the time it will be overkill, it wouldn't be on the big trips that I aspire to do on summer vacations in the future.

Your thoughts?

Will ya be usin it in bear country where they are required? If so...you could use th 15 with th insert in some areas where it’s approved...if not, then th rodent proof one would work.

Anybody use a regular (non-Allmitey) Ursack and have any problems with rodents or not have any problems with rodents?

Anybody use a regular (non-Allmitey) Ursack and have any problems with rodents or not have any problems with rodents?
I've never had problems with my XL, but I generally avoid shelters and high-use sites. I've always considered the Allmitey more appropriate for those situations.

I do know a guy who had his XL (and pack) chewed up pretty good by porcupines in the Maroon Bells. But he immediately bought a new XL, so I'm assuming he didn't consider it more than a fluke.

I've never had problems with my XL, but I generally avoid shelters and high-use sites. I've always considered the Allmitey more appropriate for those situations.

I do know a guy who had his XL (and pack) chewed up pretty good by porcupines in the Maroon Bells. But he immediately bought a new XL, so I'm assuming he didn't consider it more than a fluke.

If I go to Yellowstone / Thorofare with my wife we're bringing our Half Dome 4 with us and the packs are coming inside the tent with us...if I go with other men and one other person won't want to take up the other half of a Half Dome 4 I'll be buying the lightest 2 person tent that has good reviews and isn't paper thin for myself and bringing my pack in the tent with me.

If I go to Yellowstone / Thorofare with my wife we're bringing our Half Dome 4 with us and the packs are coming inside the tent with us...if I go with other men and one other person won't want to take up the other half of a Half Dome 4 I'll be buying the lightest 2 person tent that has good reviews and isn't paper thin for myself and bringing my pack in the tent with me.
Sorry, you aren't intending to take your food or odiferous items into the tent in your pack with you in Yellowstone/Thorofare ??? Just checkin'.

I always hang the entire pack.... There are all sorts of attractive smells on it..... Why in the tent? I'm always asleep. I've always used loksac s