Where is it -- TV/Movie Edition

Jammer

❤2Hike
I love watching commercials (or movies, or TV shows, etc.) and trying to pinpoint the shoot location. I thought maybe a thread of these could be fun. Not sure if there are enough (easily captured) to sustain a popular thread, but maybe. Also, it could be hard to do a "winner up" method, so I'd suggest just a free-for-all if you happen to see something interesting.

To start... I saw a random pharmaceutical commercial with a couple riding horses near an interesting peak. The catch is... I do NOT know where this is, but I'm curious. (I know... bad first example!) So... anybody know where this is?

WII_TV.jpg

I love watching commercials (or movies, or TV shows, etc.) and trying to pinpoint the shoot location. I thought maybe a thread of these could be fun. Not sure if there are enough (easily captured) to sustain a popular thread, but maybe. Also, it could be hard to do a "winner up" method, so I'd suggest just a free-for-all if you happen to see something interesting.

To start... I saw a random pharmaceutical commercial with a couple riding horses near an interesting peak. The catch is... I do NOT know where this is, but I'm curious. (I know... bad first example!) So... anybody know where this is?

View attachment 32688
Looks shopped... do you know it is real?

Looks shopped... do you know it is real?

I agree. I think the colors looked better and more realistic in the original ad (and I think it was a moving shot making it harder to fake), but yeah... that geology just doesn't look realistic. But... everything else in the ad seemed straightforward eye candy.

I saw this on HBO's 'The Brink' last Sunday. I can't find an exact match online, but I'm pretty sure some of the background landscape is photoshopped to look more like Pakistan, but I could be wrong. I've never been here. Hint: it's not Pakistan.

Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 12.46.03 PM.png

Definitely looks shopped to me too but looks like Conejos, CO area or anything on the Eastern flank of the San Juans to me.

Ahh.... I missed the follow-up on this. I've seen the commercial a few more times since and it still doesn't look real to me (though the rest of the ad is very plain in terms of outdoors shots.)

Last edited:
A new one? How about this older Sheryl Crow video? Bonus if you can name the source of the stream seen in the bg (good shot at 2:51). :)

Man, some of the strum syncing in that video is just terrible. In some shots she's clearly playing at a different tempo than the recording and mumbling the lyrics. It's like the editor just said "**** it."

Gentleman Bronco's was pretty damn good actually, for what it is.

Made by the same people as Napoleon Dynamite.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C WHERE TO GO IN MARCH? Trip Planning 2
P Packing your pack, what goes where? General Discussion 16
gnwatts Not sure where this is. General Discussion 8
J Identify the spot Utah: I don't know where it is General Discussion 2
Georgia Yankee Where to see/hear wolves Yellowstone NP backcountry in September? Trip Planning 16
regehr Dude Where's My Arch Hiking & Camping 8
montanaclimber Americans: where was your favorite international backpacking trip? Trip Planning 25
balzaccom Bear Canister...where does it go? Trip Planning 19
forest dweller Where to go, last minute, early August, with wife, for 2 weeks, with no backcountry permits? Trip Planning 25
TrektheWorld Where should I go this weekend? Trip Planning 7
Titans Matt took his trailer where? General Discussion 6
o2bav8 Where ever the wind blows Hiking & Camping 19
Miya International Backpacking: Where to Store my Junk? Trip Planning 11
mathew suggestions on where to go Trip Planning 1
Perry Can You Guess Where The Uintas Are? General Discussion 5
b.stark Maze 2017-But seriously, where are Steve's gummy bears? Backpacking 7
F Any where good? (in Texas) Trip Planning 4
Perry Dumb Question of the Day: Where is the northern gate on the Mirror Lake highway General Discussion 4
Perry Where's my trip report? Questions, Suggestions & Support 3
Dustin Gent where to go? 4 days Trip Planning 11
Jammer Where is this Arch? General Discussion 4
Kullaberg63 Anyone know where this petroglyph is located? General Discussion 5
Bigred72 Prints and framing-Where to? Photography 3
Tye Dye Twins Where to Post Backcountry skiing stuff? Questions, Suggestions & Support 8
12trysomething VIDEO: Meandering Down The NPT...UhOh Where Are My Keys? Backpacking 1
Devo Where is this? General Discussion 13
steve Where are your favorite primitive camping spots near Capitol Reef/Torrey? General Discussion 6
Glasterpiece Where is it? General Discussion 2
Thomas Rasmuson Where do you get your gear? Gear 19
Thomas Rasmuson Where to go in the Uintas? Trip Planning 6
Duke Where are the top 25 Landscape photo locations Photography 13
Jammer Guess the Spot (not where you think) General Discussion 10
Nick Where to go... Trip Planning 17
Yvonne Spring Break mid March, but where to go? Trip Planning 26
Nick Where to fish near Salt Lake City General Discussion 8
Backcountry Post Where do you buy your gear? General Discussion 14
DOSS Yeah... don't know where to go next weekend - help Trip Planning 7
gnwatts Where would this be? General Discussion 3
backpack Where are dogs NOT allowed? Trip Planning 2
Nick Here come the monsoons - where to go now!? General Discussion 8
DrNed Highline Movie General Discussion 6
gnwatts DAMNATION, the movie General Discussion 8
slc_dan Gorging: movie showing at Brewvies Meet Up (Members Only) 19
LarryBoy Select Peaks of the Greater Yellowstone - Second Edition (coupon code for pre-order) General Discussion 12
Nick BCP Fest 2.0 - 2021 Edition General Discussion 10
LarryBoy Looping the Highline: Gilbert Peak Edition Backpacking 13
Nick Things to do in the Swell: Backcountry Fest Edition Meet Up (Members Only) 34
JDWalters Guess the Spot: Eastern US Edition General Discussion 515
LarryBoy Guess the Spot: Trip Reports Edition Hiking & Camping 5
kwc Last Day of Skiing April 2018 Northeast Edition Winter Sports 1