Album Waterfalls

Love those pictures. We were there (KY) this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

30' Flat Lick Falls in the Daniel Boone National Forest, Kentucky. Don't try this at home.IMG_0089.jpg

Savage Falls.
Savage Falls State Natural Area, Tennessee.IMG_8248.jpg
IMG_8317.jpg

IMG_8326.jpg

Fern Falls
zA5MkfB.jpg

Unnamed falls caused by melting snow while hiking up Notchtop Mountain

gNQVGrk.jpg

I referenced this in my recent trip report but I don't think I have ever shared the phases of Running Eagle Falls in Glacier National Park. When the water is high, it comes over the top and through the bottom. As water lowers the top slowly phases out. I believe a short trail along the creek to the spot where water goes underground would be a wonderful educational addition to the park. A couple decades ago it was known as Trick Falls but that usage has pretty much been lost. For all I know this happens directly above the falls....as if it is a bridge. There are a couple social trails that rip/tear up the hill but so far my son's have kept me from grinding up those.
IMG_8534.jpgIMG_9628.jpgIMG_2860.JPG

Last edited:
I referenced this in my recent trip report but I don't think I have ever shared the phases of Running Eagle Falls in Glacier National Park. When the water is high, it comes over the top and through the bottom. As water lowers the top slowly phases out. I believe a short trail along the creek to the spot where water goes underground would be a wonderful educational addition to the park. A couple decades ago it was known as Trick Falls but that usage has pretty much been lost.
View attachment 65978View attachment 65979View attachment 65980

Fascinating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk