Album Waterfalls

Beaver Cheif Falls above Lincoln Lake in Glacier National Park. 1291 feet tall, one of the tallest and glacier and supposedly (not sure though) the 192nd tallest fall in the world
P1010588.JPG P1010594.JPG P1010604.JPG

Princess Falls in Big South Fork (KY)
yamacraw37bw.JPG

Lick Falls (same area)
yamacraw84.JPG

From this summer's solar eclipse trip to Idaho.
My wife and I had not swam in the Snake River since before we were married and she had fallen off the raft into the rapids on Lunch Counter when we were dating. Took a brief dip here before wandering the falls.

Solar Eclipse 2017 -Rigby0053.jpg

Solar Eclipse 2017 -Rigby0075 (1).jpg

This one was like a spiral staircase to some upper pools.
Solar Eclipse 2017 -Rigby0135.jpg

Yellowstone bias here, but I really like this shot. How much snow is on the ground there now?
Thank you @scatman. That morning 4-5" of very heavy wet snow that broke my tent. Not sure how much stuck around.

It snowed 7" in Ammon, ID the same night and took the power down for a few folks here in the IF area.

Fun little snow storm.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm a sucker for waterfalls and I just spent a couple nights at Savage Gulf State Park in TN (about an hour north of Chattanooga). A "gulf" is the local name for gorge, so picture an 800 foot deep gorge with lots of water and trees. Lots of water means lots of waterfalls.

Sutter Falls (~40 foot drop)
savage%2Bgulf55.JPG

Horsepound Falls (~25 foot drop)
savage%2Bgulf73.JPG

little trickle coming out of the rock
savage%2Bgulf82.JPG

This creek is about 20 feet wide and disappears into a "sink" about 30 feet behind the photographer. The whole area has places where a huge amount of water just vanishes underground
savage%2Bgulf85bw.JPG

Schoown Spring is the coolest place I have ever filtered water from. The water comes out of a cave in a 50 foot tall cliff, drops about 12 feet into a deep hole and disappears. This is a pano with 5 vertical photos, doesn't come close to capturing the full effect.The photo on the bag night challenge post is also Schwoon Spring for a different perspective.
savage%2Bgulf_pano1.JPG

Here is JC for perspective
2017-12-10%2B08.18.29.jpg

Ranger Creek Falls is about 30 feet tall and 75 feet wide and just disappears underground, basically there is a pool at the bottom and the water never flows downstream
savage%2Bgulf_pano2.JPG

Unnamed trickle coming off the top of the plateau
savage%2Bgulf128.JPG

View from the top, the water has been working on these rocks for a while
2017-12-10%2B10.50.49.jpg