Wahweep Hoodoos access road

hikmore

With the recent changes to GSENM boundaries the admin road just upstream from the Wahweep Hoodoos is no longer within the monument. Is there any reason that this road would still be closed to the public?

I can't speak for the monument management, of course, but when I ran into one of their rangers out on the trail in December, he said they'd had a department meeting after the boundary change announcement that assured all employees their jobs would remain the same and things would not change in the general boundary makeup of the whole area (at least until there was more information at some later date, I guess). If you want to be sure, though, you should call them and ask. I think for Wahweap that should be the Big Water visitor center, 435-675-3200.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TJ Sheridan Wahweep Hoodoos, Toadstools, & Rimrocks of Southern Utah - AERIAL FILM Hiking & Camping 5
J South Crandall Creek and the Hoodoos Wyoming and Yellowstone? Trip Planning 3
norwegianxplorer Hiking the unique hoodoos landscape of EL TORCAL de Antequera in Spain at sunrise, May 2022 Hiking & Camping 0
Titans Filling a Void in Utah - Wahweap Hoodoos, incl 360 sphere pictures. Hiking & Camping 1
Ross Sand Hills/Vermillion Cliffs NM hoodoos & brainrock Trip Planning 0
powderglut Toadstools and Hoodoos in the White Rock Valley Hiking & Camping 8
IntrepidXJ Album Hoodoos, Spires and other Rock Formations Photography 73
powderglut Wahweap Hoodoos and Sidestep Canyon Trip Planning 8
Scott Chandler The Reason We Should All Wear Hats: Hoodoos Hiking & Camping 8
ogdendude wahweap hoodoos General Discussion 22
Titans What’s your unfinished business? Hard canyon access, mtn peak, you name it! General Discussion 54
H Access to Grand Gulch via Water Canyon Trip Planning 2
TrailScot Step Canyon access to Grand Gulch, Cedar Mesa Trip Planning 17
JDWalters Access to Escalante River/Lake Powell near Cathedral in the Desert Trip Planning 7
swmalone Looking for Info On How to Access Newfoundland Mountains Trip Planning 1
Jackson Slickhorn Canyon Access and Water Trip Planning 8
C Escalante - Access & River Flow Trip Planning 5
balzaccom Access for those with a disability General Discussion 0
Writhdar Waterpocket Canyon (Capitol Reef) non-technical access to upper part? General Discussion 1
Vegan.Hiker Access to North Rim during off-season Trip Planning 3
uintahiker Waterway Access General Discussion 0
Nick Escalante access from Fortymile Ridge Trip Planning 7
Nick Choprock East Access Trip Planning 3
J Back again, looking for different access points for Death Hollow...... Trip Planning 9
Bob Cathedral of the Desert, Clear Creek - Top Access Resource Discussions 5
Duke Which Lakes on the Boulder have no vehicle access General Discussion 7
mike_offerman Hammond Canyon access Trip Planning 0
uintahiker Utah Waterway Access Legislation General Discussion 1
TheDunedain Sleeping ute access? Trip Planning 2
D Access Recommendations to Cottonwood Cove , South Coyote Buttes Trip Planning 3
Bill White Pocket Access... Trip Planning 4