Uintas conditions??

MtnMatt

Watch yer top-knot
I know it's been kinda wintery lately but I'm not ready to put away the backpacks yet, I mean the Northern Utah stuff. I know we still have SO U. Anyone know what the Uintas are like this week?

If you don't mind snow, I say go for it.

I had snow on me at Ibantik 3 weeks ago.

I'm done with the Uintas for the season. I prefer the desert anyway.

If you don't mind snow, I say go for it.

I had snow on me at Ibantik 3 weeks ago.

I'm done with the Uintas for the season. I prefer the desert anyway.

ya, I figured on snow. Just wonderin' how much

Dude... Why avoid the desert? October is prime time and practically just as close! I've been in Mexico for the past week and still am, but from what I've heard the weather has been cold and wet. I wouldn't be surprised if the Uintas are pretty much done for the year. It takes some freakishly good weather to make October doable up there...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Dude... Why avoid the desert? October is prime time and practically just as close! I've been in Mexico for the past week and still am, but from what I've heard the weather has been cold and wet. I wouldn't be surprised if the Uintas are pretty much done for the year. It takes some freakishly good weather to make October doable up there...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Not avoiding the desert, just wanted to get one more weekend in the Uintas. Some of my best trips in the high country have been late fall. Everyone else has given up on it and if you don't mind the cold it is amazing up there, and you have it almost all to yourself. That said, the desert is Awesome.

Gotcha! I know exactly what you mean. I've had some great trips up there late in the year. Never more than early October but still pretty nice. Some crazy weather at times but no one to be seen.

Gotcha! I know exactly what you mean. I've had some great trips up there late in the year. Never more than early October but still pretty nice. Some crazy weather at times but no one to be seen.

first trip into middle basin was a mild 2nd week in Oct. Short hiking times cause it got dark early. Nights were freaking cold. Fishing was some of the best I've ever had and the colors were stunning. I think its too late this year, with all the storms and cold weather I suspect the Uintas are already under a lot of snow. but thats why the post. I figure if there is anywhere to get accurate first hand info its BCP

Nick, is there any decent places in Southern Utah where I can camp and fish for couple days on weekend? I think most lakes in boulder mountain area requires decent hiking, and its just as cold/colder up there as it here in northern utah.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2023 Trip Planning 39
2eez4life Uintas Conditions 2022 Trip Planning 18
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2021 Trip Planning 9
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2020 Trip Planning 69
J Uintas Conditions 2019 Trip Planning 209
Dave Uintas Conditions 2018 General Discussion 210
Dave Uintas Conditions 2017 General Discussion 128
Jackson Uintas Conditions 2016 General Discussion 93
Vegan.Hiker Wasatch/Uintas conditions late April/early May Trip Planning 6
Upgrayedd Starting a fire in damp conditions in the Uintas General Discussion 14
Nick Uintas Conditions 2015 General Discussion 212
Udink Uintas Conditions 2014 Trip Planning 219
MtnMatt current conditions in the Uintas General Discussion 1
Nick Uintas Conditions 2013 General Discussion 115
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
2eez4life Suggestions: Uintas Backpacking with some rock climbing routes Trip Planning 0
regehr (Uintas) Lake Fork Fun Backpacking 8
scatman Reid's Peak - Uintas - July 22, 2023 Hiking & Camping 6
NorthwestWanderer First time in the High Uintas | Red Castle SNEAK Loop | I give these mountains 5 out of 5 stars Backpacking 7
regehr Uintas this weekend? Trip Planning 4
2eez4life 4 days 3 nights in the Uintas Trip Planning 9
6 Uintas Trip Planning Trip Planning 5
Perry Sunrise/Sunset Uintas Marriage Proposal Location Suggestions Trip Planning 25
N Gilbert Meadows- High Uintas Trip Planning 0
WasatchWill The High Uintas 4-4-4: Four Basins, Four Passes, Four Days Backpacking 20
C High Uintas Wilderness - Last minute plans Trip Planning 4
Mountain Wanderer High Uintas Wilderness - Granddaddy Basin Backpacking 4
scatman Bourbon Lake, Uintas - July 11, 2020 Hiking & Camping 4
ridings82 Uintas Backpacking Loop Trip Reports 12
B Uintas question Hiking & Camping 3
Tarp Boy Uintas in late June? Trip Planning 10
Born to Hike Mountain Solitude: Reconnaissance Lake, High Uintas, early Sept 2019 Backpacking 9
Ehouston24 Uintas Loop (Red Castle/Kings Peak) Trip Planning 14
DrNed Plan B to High Uintas Backpacking Trip Planning 20
DrNed Recommendation for 35-45 Mile Route in the Uintas Trip Planning 7
Yvonne A weekend in the Uintas Hiking & Camping 10
WasatchWill 5 Guys on a Trail: A Tour of the Southwestern Uintas Backpacking 12
wabenho Rainbow Lake, Uintas - September 2018 Backpacking 6
DesertRatShorty Solitude in the Uintas -- Gilbert Lake Loop Backpacking 14
jdfut66 Uintas - Priord Lake to Deadhorse Lake Loop Backpacking 6
Born to Hike Clements Lake and East Basin in the High Uintas, mid-July 2018 Backpacking 6
TrektheWorld Need help with Uintas trip - camping Trip Planning 8
Perry Missing hiker in Uintas - Ray Humpherys General Discussion 104
Mike K Uintas Three Nighter Backpacking 13
LarryBoy In Which I Forget Sunscreen (Uintas 2015) Backpacking 11
Brian Handsaker Uintas Backpacking (or Montana) Trip Planning 9
Uncle_Dim October in the Uintas Trip Planning 2
Perry Late Season Uintas Day Hike Ideas. Bear River to WFBF and Back? Trip Planning 13
r3biker Backpacking trip to Clyde lake in Uintas Backpacking 8
WasatchWill An Intro to the Uintas Hiking & Camping 2