Treasure Found???

I went back and looked at the names of people in the article. Bill Meelater, Begonia Spurge-Burdock (3 types of plants), and Denny Burfurdunk.

Nice hoax. I was crushed. My dreams of riches dashed! Good to know I can still find it, I have it narrowed down to a couple of gullies near Yellowstone. Actually not too far from @Rockskipper's current abode.

I think it's over west of Cody.

@Outdoor_Fool, I can go look for you, if you want. :)

LOLOL What was in the chest:
He surveyed the inventory: Four copies, containing thousands of yellowed pages, of the 1970s issue Gold and Jewels children’s book; the studio album Spirit by Jewell, 1998; a copy of the Joan Baez album Diamonds and Rust, minus the rust; a single issue of the gold platinum 1942 single “Chattanooga Choo Choo” by the Glenn Miller Orchestra; and a framed faded photo of Australian singer and songwriter Ruby Hunter, who died the year the treasure was hidden. And finally, under the cracked plastic of a Neil Diamond 1970 live Gold CD was a signed copy of an unpublished manuscript by Forrest Fenn himself.

I looked around the Arkansas River below the Princeton Hot Springs North of Buena Vista in Colorado. I'm sure it's there!
Remember, he says it's in a place he frequented in his youth. He and his dad were fishing guides near West Yellowstone, so I think it's up in this country.

I'm not looking for his treasure, but I did read a lot about it at one time from curiosity. He mentions some stuff in his autobiography and also in some interviews. I was curious about him as he was on the Fed's list as a suspect for buying burial artifacts at one time (when they busted the gang down at Blanding).