Tourist Files Complaint About Untrained Grizzlies

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
This is too funny!

102ab3ee94f25a5e16a896f131fd2852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what's funnier, suggesting they train the bears or thinking Xanterra gives a damn about what any of their customers think.

[emoji23]

this is TOO GOOD!!!:roflmao::roflmao: this is like those people that ask "what elevation do the deer turn into elk" its just so ridiculous its amazing lol

Well, I know people who would post something like that just as a joke on the "dumb tourist" stereotype. So maybe it's that, cause people really aren't that stupid, right? Right??

It's funny, but also concerning. The expectation for visitors to see bears in Glacier and Yellowstone led to decades of bad human behavior feeding the bears in order to bring them closer to roads and campgrounds. The result was an increase in fatal attacks and the deaths of a lot of bears. We need to constantly remind ourselves that wildlife are not there for our amusement, nor are they circus animals.

I think we should demand that the wildlife people breed more grizzlies to be released specifically at these popular tourist spots. The best times would be when the big buses unload, and if they make sure the bears are real hungry, it should make for plenty of bear sightings.

I agree it's stupid, but I took a trip to Yellowstone once where a couple I was talking to were there because the husband had won the trip by selling computers or something. They were disappointed that they hadn't won a trip to the beach. But they were there in Yellowstone. The lady actually complained that the tour bus company started their tour so early. She said the animals didn't have to get up early, so she was sure the animals wouldn't get up early. She was serious. But still, they were there, trying to figure it out and trying to enjoy it.

Or maybe it's bad form to turn down a trip you win from work. ???

It's funny, but also concerning. The expectation for visitors to see bears in Glacier and Yellowstone led to decades of bad human behavior feeding the bears in order to bring them closer to roads and campgrounds. The result was an increase in fatal attacks and the deaths of a lot of bears. We need to constantly remind ourselves that wildlife are not there for our amusement, nor are they circus animals.

My folks have home movies from when I was just in a stroller. We were in a car with bears at the windows of several cars being fed by the occupants. Quite a sight but how things change... or not.

Last edited: